Out of CESA 1 member schools, Germantown students in math placed seventh out of 32 school districts, according to the 2012-2013 Wisconsin Knowledge and Concepts Examination results.
WKCE tests students in grades three through eighth and grade 10 in math, reading, language arts, science and social studies. Germantown students scored well above the state average in all categories.
The number of students who tested proficient or advanced in reading and math is lower than in years past. Scores used to show that more than 90 percent of students were proficient or advanced. Because the state has recently raised its assessment standards to a more rigorous scale, those numbers have dropped.
In total, 71.9 percent of tested students scored proficient or advanced in math, while 50.4 scored that in reading. The state average for students who scored proficient or advanced in math is 48.1. In reading, the state average was 36.2.
According to the Germantown School District, the goal is to once again have 90 percent of students testing advanced or proficient in these subjects as the district continues to build student interventions and curriculum realignment to the common core state standards.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County to hold public information meeting for work on Lilly Road in Menomonee Falls
- The "voice" of Menomonee Falls sports Jerry Mislang arrested, facing criminal charges (1)
- What residents in Southeast Wisconsin need to know to prevent the spread of Zika virus
- New Director of Business Services for the School District of Menomonee Falls settling into new role
- School District of Menomonee Falls faces $1.1 million budget deficit in 2016-17
- Man guilty of sexually assaulting Menomonee Falls teenager forced into relationship with him
- Things To Do: Feb. 11, 2016
- Patio Players bring out the laughs in female 'Odd Couple'
- UPDATE: Nine crashes, 25 damaged vehicles reported in Feb. 9 crash on Highway 41 in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016