Out of CESA 1 member schools, Germantown students in math placed seventh out of 32 school districts, according to the 2012-2013 Wisconsin Knowledge and Concepts Examination results.
WKCE tests students in grades three through eighth and grade 10 in math, reading, language arts, science and social studies. Germantown students scored well above the state average in all categories.
The number of students who tested proficient or advanced in reading and math is lower than in years past. Scores used to show that more than 90 percent of students were proficient or advanced. Because the state has recently raised its assessment standards to a more rigorous scale, those numbers have dropped.
In total, 71.9 percent of tested students scored proficient or advanced in math, while 50.4 scored that in reading. The state average for students who scored proficient or advanced in math is 48.1. In reading, the state average was 36.2.
According to the Germantown School District, the goal is to once again have 90 percent of students testing advanced or proficient in these subjects as the district continues to build student interventions and curriculum realignment to the common core state standards.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fall leaf pickup slated to begin mid-October in the Falls
- Chipotle in Menomonee Falls to open next month, employees needed
- Falls Guy, Oct. 8, 2015: Train-ing mission
- Tri-County Y nears first anniversary under Greater Waukesha umbrella
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- Juvenile suspect apprehended by citizen after stealing vodka at Menomonee Falls Piggly Wiggly
- Reminder: responses needed to Falls School District Community Survey today, Oct. 5
- Robin's Nest to host Vera Bradley Ambassador Joan Bradley Reedy
- Menomonee Falls to consider allowing outdoor seating at Tornado Brewery
- Former professional fighter puts burglar in choke hold, keeps him knocked out until police arrive (1)