Out of CESA 1 member schools, Germantown students in math placed seventh out of 32 school districts, according to the 2012-2013 Wisconsin Knowledge and Concepts Examination results.
WKCE tests students in grades three through eighth and grade 10 in math, reading, language arts, science and social studies. Germantown students scored well above the state average in all categories.
The number of students who tested proficient or advanced in reading and math is lower than in years past. Scores used to show that more than 90 percent of students were proficient or advanced. Because the state has recently raised its assessment standards to a more rigorous scale, those numbers have dropped.
In total, 71.9 percent of tested students scored proficient or advanced in math, while 50.4 scored that in reading. The state average for students who scored proficient or advanced in math is 48.1. In reading, the state average was 36.2.
According to the Germantown School District, the goal is to once again have 90 percent of students testing advanced or proficient in these subjects as the district continues to build student interventions and curriculum realignment to the common core state standards.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: April 23, 2015
- Menomonee Falls educators receive national awards
- Falls Village Board President steps down, highlights positives from tenure
- Imagination runs wild in Brookfield East's spring play, 'Twelfth Night'
- Menomonee Falls issues raze or repair order on site of March building collapse
- Menomonee Falls Tazino's remains open
- Pilgrim Road off-ramps in Menomonee Falls to close in both directions April 20
- Former Menomonee Falls village president welcomes grandson following tragic loss
- Bus shelters coming to Bluemound Road in Brookfield
- Update: 911 call reveals details of attempted carjacking in Menomonee Falls (1)