The Germantown School District recorded the 14th highest accountability score out of all Wisconsin public school districts in the 2012-13 school year, according to district report cards that were released on Tuesday by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
Overall, the Germantown School District averaged 81.1, falling into the "exceeds expectations" category of DPI scoring. The district was 1.9 points shy from meeting the "significantly exceeds expectations" category on a scale that allocates points between 0 to 100, 100 being the highest.
For the second year, Blue Ribbon School Rockfield Elementary falls into the "significantly exceeds expectations" category. Rockfield had a score of 85.4.
All other Germantown schools "exceed expectations."
This is the second school year that the DPI has used a new rating system, which evaluates and issues report cards to Wisconsin public school districts. The scores are based on student performance on standardized tests, student growth over time on reading and math test scores, the ability of districts to close achievement gaps between lower and higher performing student groups, and student readiness for graduation and college. School and district report cards also factor in test participation rate, absenteeism and dropout rate.
"While there is always room for academic improvement and we do not intend to rest on our laurels, we are proud of our improved scores as they reflect the hard work of resilient students, parents and staff during these challenging and evolutionary times for public school districts," said Superintendent Jeff Holmes in a press release.
- Menomonee Falls' Thomas Jefferson Middle School hosts one last hurrah before demolition
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 30, 2016 (3)
- Menomonee Falls Challengers put heart back into the ball game
- Falls Guy, June 30: A new member of the team
- Menomonee Falls to hold forum on East Main Street redevelopment
- Police continue search for suspect in indecent exposure incident in Menomonee Falls
- Tri-County YMCA plans improvements to Menomonee Falls facility, family programming
- Local woman to show off beautiful blooms in Garden Tour
- A (Cherry) Pit stop for Menomonee Falls recording studio
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, June 23, 2016