Germantown and Menomonee Falls voters have a lengthy list of posts to fill between village and school boards in spring elections. Between the two communities there are 11 seats up for election.
Under state election rules, potential candidates could begin circulating nomination papers and gathering signatures starting Dec. 1. All forms are available at local government and school district offices or online at the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board website at gab.wi.gov/elections-voting/candidates/local/non-partisan.
Candidates must submit their registration statement, declaration of candidacy, and nomination papers with signatures by 5 p.m. Jan. 7 at village hall or school district administration offices.
There are two, at-large seats up for election on the Germantown School Board currently held by Lester Spies and board President Bob Soderberg.
Candidacy papers are available in the office of the school district clerk at administrative offices, W13840 Donges Bay Road. No candidacy papers have been turned in yet, though Soderberg said he intends to run again.
Board members serve three-year terms and are paid $4,000 annually.
There are four seats open on the Germantown Village Board that are currently held by David Baum, Jeff Werdeman, Melvin Ewert and Jeff Hughes. No one has turned in nomination papers yet. However, Ewert has filed a notice of noncandidacy, according to the Germantown clerk's office.
Germantown trustees are paid $5,500 and are elected to three-year terms.
There are two seats open on the Menomonee Falls School Board, held now by Ron Bertieri and Gina Palazzari. Bertieri said he plans to run, but has not officially turned in papers yet. Palazzari has turned in papers of noncandidacy.
Falls School Board members serve three-year terms and are paid $5,000 annually.
Three seats are open on the Falls Village Board. Sharon Ellis and Dennis Farrell's seats are up for election. A third seat that belonged to Jim Jeskewitz, who died in November, is being left vacant until the April election.
Trustees are paid $5,500 and serve three-year terms.
Candidacy papers for Menomonee Falls school and village boards are available at Village Hall, W17001 Mequon Road.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video: Students help break ground for Rockfield addition
- Getting to know Dennis Farrell
- Scion Dental awarded the management of 650,000 through Maryland Healthy Smiles program
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Nov. 26, 2015
- Shady Lane Elementary offers students buddy bench on playground
- Kohl's, Bartolotta team up to service Menomonee Falls corporate campus
- Alto-Shaam granted Patriot Award for support of employee in the National Guard
- Social Haus proposal for Menomonee Falls moves forward with extended indoor, limited outdoor hours (2)
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Nov. 19, 2015
- Falls Guy, Nov. 19, 2015: It's time to turn the page