It could have been a case of "Up on the rooftop, slip, slip, slip" that caused a concerned Germantown resident to call police when what looked to be a person was hanging from a second-story gutter.
Not to worry. The person was actually a humorous holiday decoration.
According to the Germantown police:
A resident called police to report a subject hanging from a second-story gutter and was not moving in the W164 N11000 block of Kings Way at 3:50 p.m. Dec. 13.
Officers responded to the address and determined the subject in question was a holiday decoration.
An officer advised the homeowner of the complaint and the homeowner stated he will consider taking the decoration down.
The "guy hanging from a roof" holiday decoration has been around since at least 2009, as you can see here on Reddit.
- Menomonee Falls Challengers put heart back into the ball game
- Falls Guy, June 30: A new member of the team
- Menomonee Falls to hold forum on East Main Street redevelopment
- Police continue search for suspect in indecent exposure incident in Menomonee Falls
- Tri-County YMCA plans improvements to Menomonee Falls facility, family programming
- Local woman to show off beautiful blooms in Garden Tour
- A (Cherry) Pit stop for Menomonee Falls recording studio
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Yellow bricks at Thomas Jefferson found to contain lead paint (2)
- Menomonee Falls man accused of inappropriately touching woman with dementia