It could have been a case of "Up on the rooftop, slip, slip, slip" that caused a concerned Germantown resident to call police when what looked to be a person was hanging from a second-story gutter.
Not to worry. The person was actually a humorous holiday decoration.
According to the Germantown police:
A resident called police to report a subject hanging from a second-story gutter and was not moving in the W164 N11000 block of Kings Way at 3:50 p.m. Dec. 13.
Officers responded to the address and determined the subject in question was a holiday decoration.
An officer advised the homeowner of the complaint and the homeowner stated he will consider taking the decoration down.
The "guy hanging from a roof" holiday decoration has been around since at least 2009, as you can see here on Reddit.
- Sports Authority out, other tenants to open soon within Whitestone Station in Menomonee Falls (1)
- Shorewest's Menomonee Falls Office breaks sales record
- Corey Golla to replace Gary Kiltz as Curriculum and Learning Director in Menomonee Falls schools
- Menomonee Falls Police Report, May 5, 2016
- The Falls Guy, May 5, 2016: Cruisin' down memory lane (1)
- Cozzini Bros. to move into Falls Commerce Center
- Getting to know Menomonee Falls Little League President Donald Patten
- Work on Pilgrim Road to begin in Menomonee Falls, will be temporary
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- My Fair Lady takes to the stage in Falls Patio Players production