Lannon, Falls continue Fire Department consolidation talks
Two communities plan to merge departments in couple years
Village of Lannon - Officials this week continued discussions about consolidating the village fire department with the Menomonee Falls Fire Department. Lannon Village President Jerry Newman explained the consolidation talks began about six months ago and that the chiefs of each department meet regularly on the topic.
Newman said while the talks are getting more in-depth regarding the logistics of the venture, it likely won't be until 2014 that consolidation actually begins.
"It won't happen until Falls builds two new fire stations. One is expected in about two years and the other in about four or five years," Newman said.
However, he said to prepare leadership, each department has been working together to integrate training, operations command which he said is already necessary since the two communities have a mutual aid agreement. The two villages still have to work out cost figures, a name and other things necessary to consolidate. The village president said a committee will soon form that includes both chiefs and village board members.
"It's a thing of the future and how long can also depend on if we include Lisbon or not," Newman added.
- Hi-Five Video: Reporter Brittany Seemuth talks top stories in Menomonee Falls area
- FBI raids Menomonee Falls home
- Menomonee Falls' Thomas Jefferson Middle School hosts one last hurrah before demolition
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 30, 2016 (3)
- Menomonee Falls Challengers put heart back into the ball game
- Falls Guy, June 30: A new member of the team
- Menomonee Falls to hold forum on East Main Street redevelopment
- Police continue search for suspect in indecent exposure incident in Menomonee Falls
- Tri-County YMCA plans improvements to Menomonee Falls facility, family programming
- Local woman to show off beautiful blooms in Garden Tour