Lannon, Falls continue Fire Department consolidation talks
Two communities plan to merge departments in couple years
Village of Lannon - Officials this week continued discussions about consolidating the village fire department with the Menomonee Falls Fire Department. Lannon Village President Jerry Newman explained the consolidation talks began about six months ago and that the chiefs of each department meet regularly on the topic.
Newman said while the talks are getting more in-depth regarding the logistics of the venture, it likely won't be until 2014 that consolidation actually begins.
"It won't happen until Falls builds two new fire stations. One is expected in about two years and the other in about four or five years," Newman said.
However, he said to prepare leadership, each department has been working together to integrate training, operations command which he said is already necessary since the two communities have a mutual aid agreement. The two villages still have to work out cost figures, a name and other things necessary to consolidate. The village president said a committee will soon form that includes both chiefs and village board members.
"It's a thing of the future and how long can also depend on if we include Lisbon or not," Newman added.
- Street festival to mark Memorial Day in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- The 'wurst' idea for the best summer
- Load your basket with these picnic tips
- Something for all us to scream about: Ice cream tips for a hot, hot summer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Menomonee Falls North Middle School seventh-grader to compete at National Spelling Bee
- Overnight closure of Highway 45 at I-41/US 45 split
- "TJ Walkers" bid farewell to Thomas Jefferson as their winter walking destination (2)
- Menomonee Falls names Paul Tadda to plan commission (4)