Lannon, Falls continue Fire Department consolidation talks
Two communities plan to merge departments in couple years
Village of Lannon - Officials this week continued discussions about consolidating the village fire department with the Menomonee Falls Fire Department. Lannon Village President Jerry Newman explained the consolidation talks began about six months ago and that the chiefs of each department meet regularly on the topic.
Newman said while the talks are getting more in-depth regarding the logistics of the venture, it likely won't be until 2014 that consolidation actually begins.
"It won't happen until Falls builds two new fire stations. One is expected in about two years and the other in about four or five years," Newman said.
However, he said to prepare leadership, each department has been working together to integrate training, operations command which he said is already necessary since the two communities have a mutual aid agreement. The two villages still have to work out cost figures, a name and other things necessary to consolidate. The village president said a committee will soon form that includes both chiefs and village board members.
"It's a thing of the future and how long can also depend on if we include Lisbon or not," Newman added.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kohl's announces holiday hiring plans
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 18, 2014
- Police searching for 2 men for armed robbery at Craigslist sale
- Menomonee Falls Village Board approves sale of Radisson Hotel
- Menomonee Falls High School student named National Merit Scholarship semifinalist
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 11, 2014
- Kohl's seeks to unload Woodland Prime building
- Trapped: An inside look at the effect of ALS on people, families and the community
- School district taxes remain flat for Menomonee Falls residents
- Menomonee Falls man dies in house fire