Lannon, Falls continue Fire Department consolidation talks
Two communities plan to merge departments in couple years
Village of Lannon - Officials this week continued discussions about consolidating the village fire department with the Menomonee Falls Fire Department. Lannon Village President Jerry Newman explained the consolidation talks began about six months ago and that the chiefs of each department meet regularly on the topic.
Newman said while the talks are getting more in-depth regarding the logistics of the venture, it likely won't be until 2014 that consolidation actually begins.
"It won't happen until Falls builds two new fire stations. One is expected in about two years and the other in about four or five years," Newman said.
However, he said to prepare leadership, each department has been working together to integrate training, operations command which he said is already necessary since the two communities have a mutual aid agreement. The two villages still have to work out cost figures, a name and other things necessary to consolidate. The village president said a committee will soon form that includes both chiefs and village board members.
"It's a thing of the future and how long can also depend on if we include Lisbon or not," Newman added.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Menomonee Falls enjoys another four days in a festive mood
- In Brief: July 30
- Wine added to Falls Fest lineup
- Menomonee Falls' DeCloux crowned Waukesha County's Fairest of the Fair
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: July 23, 2015
- Woodman's shoplifter pulls knife on employee
- Bank robbery suspect in custody
- 90-year-old Menomonee Falls woman celebrates birthday with gym staff
- Menomonee Falls considers updates to comprehensive plan