Lannon man accused of attacking bouncer at Oconomowoc bar
Complaint: bouncer treated for 4-inch gash to head
A 36-year-old Lannon man has been accused of attacking a bouncer at an Oconomowoc bar in February.
Anthony Vojtas, 21964 W. Good Hope Road, was charged March 21 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with substantial battery and disorderly conduct. He could face up to three years and nine months in prison and $11,000 in fines if convicted.
According to the criminal complaint, Town of Oconomowoc police were dispatched shortly after midnight on Feb. 1 to Foolery's Liquid Therapy, N59 W35091 Lake Drive, to investigate a bar fight.
Officers spoke with bouncer Dale Charboneau, who said in the complaint that he was injured while trying to break up a fight involving four men. Charboneau had blood on the front of his shirt and a gash on his ear. He was taken to Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital Hospital for treatment.
Witnesses said that Charboneau was punched numerous times in the back of the head by a regular patron, identified in the complaint as Anthony Ray. An officer identified the suspect as Vojtas after reviewing video surveillance. Vojtas initially admitted to striking the bouncer, but later told police they "were pointing the wrong finger at the wrong person," the complaint states.
According to court records, Vojtas requested through an attorney that an initial court appearance be delayed until April 7.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What residents in Southeast Wisconsin need to know to prevent the spread of Zika virus
- New Director of Business Services for the School District of Menomonee Falls settling into new role
- School District of Menomonee Falls faces $1.1 million budget deficit in 2016-17
- Man guilty of sexually assaulting Menomonee Falls teenager forced into relationship with him
- Things To Do: Feb. 11, 2016
- Patio Players bring out the laughs in female 'Odd Couple'
- UPDATE: Nine crashes, 25 damaged vehicles reported in Feb. 9 crash on Highway 41 in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- School District of Menomonee Falls could lose administrative staff member Gary Kiltz to Greendale
- The Falls Guy, Feb. 11, 2016: Not quite Super