Lannon man accused of attacking bouncer at Oconomowoc bar
Complaint: bouncer treated for 4-inch gash to head
A 36-year-old Lannon man has been accused of attacking a bouncer at an Oconomowoc bar in February.
Anthony Vojtas, 21964 W. Good Hope Road, was charged March 21 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with substantial battery and disorderly conduct. He could face up to three years and nine months in prison and $11,000 in fines if convicted.
According to the criminal complaint, Town of Oconomowoc police were dispatched shortly after midnight on Feb. 1 to Foolery's Liquid Therapy, N59 W35091 Lake Drive, to investigate a bar fight.
Officers spoke with bouncer Dale Charboneau, who said in the complaint that he was injured while trying to break up a fight involving four men. Charboneau had blood on the front of his shirt and a gash on his ear. He was taken to Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital Hospital for treatment.
Witnesses said that Charboneau was punched numerous times in the back of the head by a regular patron, identified in the complaint as Anthony Ray. An officer identified the suspect as Vojtas after reviewing video surveillance. Vojtas initially admitted to striking the bouncer, but later told police they "were pointing the wrong finger at the wrong person," the complaint states.
According to court records, Vojtas requested through an attorney that an initial court appearance be delayed until April 7.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls School District happy with ACT Results
- Falls on the Riverwalk seeks to replace former Associated Bank building with apartments (7)
- Menomonee Falls School District names new communications director
- Chicago duo face nine counts of credit card fraud after CVS purchases
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Former professional fighter takes Menomonee Falls-based business to next level
- Menomonee Falls world language department uses application, receives regional attention
- Menomonee Falls, Germantown among best places to live
- Menomonee Falls Business receives WIA People's Choice award