Lannon man accused of attacking bouncer at Oconomowoc bar
Complaint: bouncer treated for 4-inch gash to head
A 36-year-old Lannon man has been accused of attacking a bouncer at an Oconomowoc bar in February.
Anthony Vojtas, 21964 W. Good Hope Road, was charged March 21 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with substantial battery and disorderly conduct. He could face up to three years and nine months in prison and $11,000 in fines if convicted.
According to the criminal complaint, Town of Oconomowoc police were dispatched shortly after midnight on Feb. 1 to Foolery's Liquid Therapy, N59 W35091 Lake Drive, to investigate a bar fight.
Officers spoke with bouncer Dale Charboneau, who said in the complaint that he was injured while trying to break up a fight involving four men. Charboneau had blood on the front of his shirt and a gash on his ear. He was taken to Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital Hospital for treatment.
Witnesses said that Charboneau was punched numerous times in the back of the head by a regular patron, identified in the complaint as Anthony Ray. An officer identified the suspect as Vojtas after reviewing video surveillance. Vojtas initially admitted to striking the bouncer, but later told police they "were pointing the wrong finger at the wrong person," the complaint states.
According to court records, Vojtas requested through an attorney that an initial court appearance be delayed until April 7.
- Cozzini Bros. to move into Falls Commerce Center
- Getting to know Menomonee Falls Little League President Donald Patten
- Work on Pilgrim Road to begin in Menomonee Falls, will be temporary
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- My Fair Lady takes to the stage in Falls Patio Players production
- Menomonee Falls' A Better Me wellness spa takes unique approach to relaxation
- The Falls Guy, April 21, 2016: Their field of dreams is ready to open
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- Menomonee Falls High School FBLA team clinches state for the third year in a row
- Custom Data Too Mail to open in Falls Commerce Center in Menomonee Falls