The Germantown Department of Public Works lifted the lawn watering ban Tuesday to alternate sides of the road as a result of conservation efforts and favorable weather conditions.
On even days, watering is allowed along the even side of the road and on odd days watering is allowed along the odd side of the road.
Pumping times have decreased, allowing one out of the six village pumps to recharge for 24 hours at a time.
"We're giving each pump one day off, so that's a good thing," said Director of Public Works Dan Ludwig.
The water levels and aquifers are beginning to rise slightly. With proper conservation continuing with the odd and even schedule and periodic rain, Ludwig said they felt a full lawn watering ban was no longer needed.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls downtown hosts art walk, duck derby
- Menomonee Falls girl honoree of Arthritis Walk
- Menomonee Falls School District prepares for assessment changes at state level
- News & Notes: May 14
- Police Report: May 13
- Falls High School elects Best Buddies participant as prom king
- Germantown School Board narrows superintendent search to three
- Hamilton robotics team wins big
- Radisson under new management
- News & Notes: May 7