Menomonee Falls — An 18-year-old man was charged Tuesday in Waukesha County Circuit Court with sexual assaulting a child at Falls Baptist Church in Menomonee Falls on June 23.
According to the criminal complaint, Menomonee Falls police were dispatched to the church and told that the man, who will not be identified to protect the victim, was being held after being found in a darkened nursery room with the 6-year-old girl.
He told police that voices in his head told him to "rape her." The girl told police that the man allegedly took off her underwear and performed a sexual act on her. The two were found by the girl's mother.
The man's grandmother and legal guardian told authorities that he suffers from bipolar disorder, attention deficit disorder and learning disabilities. The court on June 25 ordered a competency hearing for the man.
If competent to stand trial, the man faces up to 60 years in prison.
A review hearing has been scheduled for July 19.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls candidates talk about TIFs, responsibility and more
- Police Report: March 10
- Men charged in theft of baby formula from Target stores
- Woman arrested for stealing kitchenwares to pawn
- Miller to speak on the role of parents in sports at Falls High School
- News & Notes: March 4
- Menomonee Falls Village Board agrees to pay into trust funds as part of Radisson settlement
- Menomonee Falls ranked as one of the safest communities in U.S.
- Menomonee Falls police seek baby formula thieves