Menomonee Falls — An 18-year-old man was charged Tuesday in Waukesha County Circuit Court with sexual assaulting a child at Falls Baptist Church in Menomonee Falls on June 23.
According to the criminal complaint, Menomonee Falls police were dispatched to the church and told that the man, who will not be identified to protect the victim, was being held after being found in a darkened nursery room with the 6-year-old girl.
He told police that voices in his head told him to "rape her." The girl told police that the man allegedly took off her underwear and performed a sexual act on her. The two were found by the girl's mother.
The man's grandmother and legal guardian told authorities that he suffers from bipolar disorder, attention deficit disorder and learning disabilities. The court on June 25 ordered a competency hearing for the man.
If competent to stand trial, the man faces up to 60 years in prison.
A review hearing has been scheduled for July 19.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Old Falls Village Days set for weekend of May 30-31
- Bank of Memories and Flowers owner Melissa Maas wins award from Floral Association
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 21, 2015
- Menomonee Falls WWII veteran Lester Tews looks forward to Honor Flight
- First Bank Financial Centre of Menomonee Falls gives back to community
- Permit pulled, plans progress for demolition, reconstruction of North Hills Plaza
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 14, 2015
- Brandtjen's May listening session to be held in the Falls on May 17
- Pilgrim Road Bridge demolition to happen in next few days, freeway to close