Menomonee Falls — An 18-year-old man was charged Tuesday in Waukesha County Circuit Court with sexual assaulting a child at Falls Baptist Church in Menomonee Falls on June 23.
According to the criminal complaint, Menomonee Falls police were dispatched to the church and told that the man, who will not be identified to protect the victim, was being held after being found in a darkened nursery room with the 6-year-old girl.
He told police that voices in his head told him to "rape her." The girl told police that the man allegedly took off her underwear and performed a sexual act on her. The two were found by the girl's mother.
The man's grandmother and legal guardian told authorities that he suffers from bipolar disorder, attention deficit disorder and learning disabilities. The court on June 25 ordered a competency hearing for the man.
If competent to stand trial, the man faces up to 60 years in prison.
A review hearing has been scheduled for July 19.
- Menomonee Falls woman dreams of starting whoopie pie dessert bus
- Menomonee Falls man pleads guilty to homicide after killing bicyclist
- Wanakia Wildlife gives a bird's-eye view to Menomonee Falls Nature Camp kids
- Taste of Germantown event to raise funds for pavilion
- Old Falls Village brings Civil War to life
- Menomonee Falls woman arrested for OWI after running over her fiancé
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Sussex's Rotary Equipment Repair adds on 50,000 square feet to facility
- Falls Associated Bank demolition underway, apartment building to bring 'revitalization' to downtown (5)
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, July 14, 2016