Menomonee Falls — An 18-year-old man was charged Tuesday in Waukesha County Circuit Court with sexual assaulting a child at Falls Baptist Church in Menomonee Falls on June 23.
According to the criminal complaint, Menomonee Falls police were dispatched to the church and told that the man, who will not be identified to protect the victim, was being held after being found in a darkened nursery room with the 6-year-old girl.
He told police that voices in his head told him to "rape her." The girl told police that the man allegedly took off her underwear and performed a sexual act on her. The two were found by the girl's mother.
The man's grandmother and legal guardian told authorities that he suffers from bipolar disorder, attention deficit disorder and learning disabilities. The court on June 25 ordered a competency hearing for the man.
If competent to stand trial, the man faces up to 60 years in prison.
A review hearing has been scheduled for July 19.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Dec. 3, 2015
- Falls Guy, Dec. 3, 2015: Finding some resolve
- Three to be added to Menomonee Falls High School Wall of Recognition
- Menomonee Falls High School alumna bikes 15,000 miles for charity
- Video: Students help break ground for Rockfield addition
- Getting to know Dennis Farrell
- Scion Dental awarded the management of 650,000 through Maryland Healthy Smiles program
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Nov. 26, 2015
- Shady Lane Elementary offers students buddy bench on playground
- Kohl's, Bartolotta team up to service Menomonee Falls corporate campus