Menomonee Falls — An 18-year-old man was charged Tuesday in Waukesha County Circuit Court with sexual assaulting a child at Falls Baptist Church in Menomonee Falls on June 23.
According to the criminal complaint, Menomonee Falls police were dispatched to the church and told that the man, who will not be identified to protect the victim, was being held after being found in a darkened nursery room with the 6-year-old girl.
He told police that voices in his head told him to "rape her." The girl told police that the man allegedly took off her underwear and performed a sexual act on her. The two were found by the girl's mother.
The man's grandmother and legal guardian told authorities that he suffers from bipolar disorder, attention deficit disorder and learning disabilities. The court on June 25 ordered a competency hearing for the man.
If competent to stand trial, the man faces up to 60 years in prison.
A review hearing has been scheduled for July 19.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls police report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Menomonee Falls enjoys another four days in a festive mood
- In Brief: July 30
- Wine added to Falls Fest lineup
- Menomonee Falls' DeCloux crowned Waukesha County's Fairest of the Fair
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: July 23, 2015
- Woodman's shoplifter pulls knife on employee
- Bank robbery suspect in custody
- 90-year-old Menomonee Falls woman celebrates birthday with gym staff
- Menomonee Falls considers updates to comprehensive plan