Menomonee Falls — An 18-year-old man was charged Tuesday in Waukesha County Circuit Court with sexual assaulting a child at Falls Baptist Church in Menomonee Falls on June 23.
According to the criminal complaint, Menomonee Falls police were dispatched to the church and told that the man, who will not be identified to protect the victim, was being held after being found in a darkened nursery room with the 6-year-old girl.
He told police that voices in his head told him to "rape her." The girl told police that the man allegedly took off her underwear and performed a sexual act on her. The two were found by the girl's mother.
The man's grandmother and legal guardian told authorities that he suffers from bipolar disorder, attention deficit disorder and learning disabilities. The court on June 25 ordered a competency hearing for the man.
If competent to stand trial, the man faces up to 60 years in prison.
A review hearing has been scheduled for July 19.
- Farmers markets springing to life in Sussex, Butler, Menomonee Falls
- Old Falls Village Days set for June 4-5
- Street festival to mark Memorial Day in Menomonee Falls (1)
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- The 'wurst' idea for the best summer
- Load your basket with these picnic tips
- Something for all us to scream about: Ice cream tips for a hot, hot summer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Menomonee Falls North Middle School seventh-grader to compete at National Spelling Bee
- Overnight closure of Highway 45 at I-41/US 45 split