A 22-year-old Milwaukee man who was pulled over by police for drunken driving is facing additional charges for having an unsecured 4-year-old in his car.
The suspect was pulled over by Menomonee Falls police after other motorists reported a car driving erratically in the 12400 block of U.S. Highway 41 at 10:15 p.m. March 17. When the officer approached the car he noticed a strong smell of intoxicants on the driver's breath and saw a 4-year-old child in the back seat of the car, unrestrained.
The driver failed field sobriety testing and a preliminary breath test showed his alcohol content was 0.22. He was taken to the hospital for a legal blood draw and a blood alcohol content of 0.18 was obtained.
The man was arrested for drunken driving, operating without a valid driver's license and operating a vehicle with prohibited alcohol content with a child under 15 as a passenger.
The suspect was taken to the Waukesha County Sheriff's Office due to officers' inability to confirm his identity through the Mexican ID card he presented.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Amnesty Club hosts benefit for the Water Project
- Menomonee Falls downtown hosts art walk, duck derby
- Menomonee Falls girl honoree of Arthritis Walk
- Menomonee Falls School District prepares for assessment changes at state level
- News & Notes: May 14
- Police Report: May 13
- Falls High School elects Best Buddies participant as prom king
- Germantown School Board narrows superintendent search to three
- Hamilton robotics team wins big
- Radisson under new management