A 25-year-old Menomonee Falls man was arrested for stealing his grandparents' debit card and using it to make fraudulent charges and take money out of their account.
According to Menomonee Falls police:
Officers responded to the victims' residence in the N70 W13500 block of Brentwood Drive after receiving a report that someone stole a debit card from the home sometime between midnight Sept. 22 and 4 a.m. Sept. 29. The suspect apparently used the card to make cash withdrawals from area ATMs and fraudulent purchases in the Falls area.
The victims told police they believed their grandson, who had access to their home, stole the card.
Shortly after 1 a.m. Sept. 30, an officer parked near the victims' residence saw the victims' grandson exiting a cab in front of the home. When the officer approached the suspect and identified himself, the suspect tried to run away and a foot pursuit ensued. The suspect was eventually tackled to the ground and taken into custody for identity theft and resisting arrest.
The suspect was also cited for possession of drug paraphernalia after police found a glass pipe in his pocket during the arrest search. He refused to provide a statement and was taken to Waukesha County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- School District of Menomonee Falls could lose administrative staff member Gary Kiltz to Greendale
- The Falls Guy, Feb. 11, 2016: Not quite Super
- Construction to start on Highway 175 in Washington County
- Menomonee Falls Dance Team to compete in kick, jazz at state competition Feb. 6
- Menomonee Falls Comprehensive Plan complete, set for possible approval this spring
- Park planning continues in Menomonee Falls
- School District of Menomonee Falls to continue examining results of one-time Badger exam
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Menomonee Falls board to review plans for improvements to Village Park, new park on southwest side