A 25-year-old Menomonee Falls man was arrested for stealing his grandparents' debit card and using it to make fraudulent charges and take money out of their account.
According to Menomonee Falls police:
Officers responded to the victims' residence in the N70 W13500 block of Brentwood Drive after receiving a report that someone stole a debit card from the home sometime between midnight Sept. 22 and 4 a.m. Sept. 29. The suspect apparently used the card to make cash withdrawals from area ATMs and fraudulent purchases in the Falls area.
The victims told police they believed their grandson, who had access to their home, stole the card.
Shortly after 1 a.m. Sept. 30, an officer parked near the victims' residence saw the victims' grandson exiting a cab in front of the home. When the officer approached the suspect and identified himself, the suspect tried to run away and a foot pursuit ensued. The suspect was eventually tackled to the ground and taken into custody for identity theft and resisting arrest.
The suspect was also cited for possession of drug paraphernalia after police found a glass pipe in his pocket during the arrest search. He refused to provide a statement and was taken to Waukesha County Jail.
- Sports Authority out, other tenants to open soon within Whitestone Station in Menomonee Falls (1)
- Shorewest's Menomonee Falls Office breaks sales record
- Corey Golla to replace Gary Kiltz as Curriculum and Learning Director in Menomonee Falls schools
- Menomonee Falls Police Report, May 5, 2016
- The Falls Guy, May 5, 2016: Cruisin' down memory lane (1)
- Cozzini Bros. to move into Falls Commerce Center
- Getting to know Menomonee Falls Little League President Donald Patten
- Work on Pilgrim Road to begin in Menomonee Falls, will be temporary
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- My Fair Lady takes to the stage in Falls Patio Players production