A 25-year-old Menomonee Falls man was arrested for stealing his grandparents' debit card and using it to make fraudulent charges and take money out of their account.
According to Menomonee Falls police:
Officers responded to the victims' residence in the N70 W13500 block of Brentwood Drive after receiving a report that someone stole a debit card from the home sometime between midnight Sept. 22 and 4 a.m. Sept. 29. The suspect apparently used the card to make cash withdrawals from area ATMs and fraudulent purchases in the Falls area.
The victims told police they believed their grandson, who had access to their home, stole the card.
Shortly after 1 a.m. Sept. 30, an officer parked near the victims' residence saw the victims' grandson exiting a cab in front of the home. When the officer approached the suspect and identified himself, the suspect tried to run away and a foot pursuit ensued. The suspect was eventually tackled to the ground and taken into custody for identity theft and resisting arrest.
The suspect was also cited for possession of drug paraphernalia after police found a glass pipe in his pocket during the arrest search. He refused to provide a statement and was taken to Waukesha County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Temporary burn ban lifted for Waukesha County, Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls family heads up local shoe drive for Dondo Amor
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start prior to Sept. 1
- Proposed bill would allow Falls school district to start prior to Sept. 1
- Falls school board to review, approve layoff notices
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 19, 2015
- Falls-based Bradley Corporation recieves nod for wellness efforts
- No one hurt in overnight car fire in Menomonee Falls
- Costco purchases 15 acres to build new Menomonee Falls store