A Menomonee Falls man is facing multiple charges for leading police on a slow speed chase after an officer attempted to pull him over for an equipment violation on Sept. 25.
According to the police report:
An officer in a marked patrol squad attempted to pull the suspect's truck over for a nonworking left brake light and seatbelt violation on Rivercrest Road and Shady Lane at about 2:25 a.m. However, the suspect failed to stop and continued driving away from the officer.
The driver led the officer on a one-mile chase at speeds that never exceeded 27 miles per hour, and failed to stop at a red light on County Line Road and Richfield Way. During the chase, the driver was observed using his cellphone, which he later admitted using to call home in preparation to elude police.
When the suspect and officer arrived at a residence on County Line Road and Shady Lane, a high-risk traffic stop was conducted and the suspect was ordered to place his hands outside the truck door. When additional officers arrived on the scene, the suspect, a 21-year-old Menomoneee Falls man, was taken into custody.
The suspect freely admitted to the arresting officers that he had a marijuana joint and pipe in the center console of his truck, and the items were collected by police. The suspect also had no insurance, was driving with a revoked driving status which required an Ignition Interlock Device in his vehicle, and was found to have an outstanding warrant with Washington County for possession of a controlled substance.
He was arrested and cited for misdemeanor eluding, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia and an ignition interlock device, and was transported to Waukesha County Jail.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Jan. 29, 2015
- Menomonee Falls district continues discussion on facilities options
- Two-day Menomonee Falls event to feature chili crawl, ice carving
- CMH accepting scholarship applications from Menomonee Falls-area students
- Costco earns approval from Menomonee Falls village officials
- Menomonee Falls could make decision on Costco plans tonight
- Menomonee Falls School Board approves 2015-16 legislative priorities
- Menomonee Falls to make alterations to Open Enrollment, Chapter 220
- Menomonee Falls man arrested for holding neighbor at gun point
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Jan. 15, 2015