Menomonee Falls - Michael McDonald has declared his candidacy and plans to add three more years to his past 23 serving as a trustee on the Village Board.
McDonald, 62, was first elected to the board in 1990 and has served on the Plan Commission for the last 20 years. McDonald, who owns Express Dry Cleaning and Laundry in Menomonee Falls, said his goal when he was first elected was to provide a high quality, low density development mentality. He said this has led to the atmosphere and quality of life in Menomonee Falls.
"We've been able to incorporate a lot of dynamic development, which has been a contributing factor of Kohl's Corp. deciding to stay in Menomonee Falls," McDonald said.
Kohl's recently decided to remain in Menomonee Falls and build a corporate campus in the Woodland Prime Office Park.
"Being able to provide for that is extremely rewarding and I'm very proud of that," McDonald said.
His experience on the board, he said, will go a long way in continuing development in the tax incremental finance districts throughout the village, as well as development outside of the TIF districts. Helping new businesses and people come into the Menomonee Falls community, while respecting those who have lived in Falls a long time, is a balance McDonald said he will work to continue.
Trustees serve three-year terms and receive $5,500 annually. The spring election is slated for April 2. If a primary is necessary, it will be Feb. 19.
By Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Kia dealership, Ford service center could be developed near Woodman's in Menomonee Falls
- Fast Signs of Menomonee Falls receives national attention
- Plans proceed for former Falls Starbucks in Rivercrest Center
- Water Council gathers at Bradley Corporation in Menomonee Falls
- Landscape company in Menomonee Falls to increase staff by 40 percent
- Menomonee Falls Saddle Club celebrates 50th anniversary
- Falls Plan Commission to review new commercial development plans near Woodman's
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 5, 2015
- Menomonee Falls remodeling company receives high honors at state awards