Three men have been charged in connection with baby formula thefts at two Menomonee Falls stores in February and March.
Dante Rhodes, 37, Muhammad Ali, 33, and Seth Nelson, 40, were charged March 4 in Waukesha County Circuit Court.
According to the Menomonee Falls police report:
An employee at Pick 'n Save, N95-W18273 County Line Road, called police after the men put 21 cans of baby formula into shopping bags, loaded them into a green Ford Explorer and drove away about 6:20 p.m. March 2.
The men were arrested a short time later after they were caught concealing baby formula at Target, N95-W17707 Shady Lane, and were taken into custody.
During the investigation, police discovered Ali and Nelson were responsible for stealing a total of 57 cans of baby formula at Target on Feb. 24 and 25. They had worked together to steal the formula by concealing it inside plastic bins. During each incident they were seen loading the stolen formula into a green Ford Explorer.
The stolen formula was recovered and returned to the store. The men told police they stole the formula to sell it for cash due to their drug addictions.
Ali was charged with three misdemeanor counts of retail theft, one felony count of retail theft, and misdemeanor counts of resisting/obstructing an officer, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of an illegally obtained prescription.
Nelson was charged with one felony count of retail theft and three misdemeanor counts of retail theft.
Rhodes was charged with one misdemeanor count of retail theft.
- Menomonee Falls Challengers put heart back into the ball game
- Falls Guy, June 30: A new member of the team
- Menomonee Falls to hold forum on East Main Street redevelopment
- Police continue search for suspect in indecent exposure incident in Menomonee Falls
- Tri-County YMCA plans improvements to Menomonee Falls facility, family programming
- Local woman to show off beautiful blooms in Garden Tour
- A (Cherry) Pit stop for Menomonee Falls recording studio
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Yellow bricks at Thomas Jefferson found to contain lead paint (2)
- Menomonee Falls man accused of inappropriately touching woman with dementia