Three men have been charged in connection with baby formula thefts at two Menomonee Falls stores in February and March.
Dante Rhodes, 37, Muhammad Ali, 33, and Seth Nelson, 40, were charged March 4 in Waukesha County Circuit Court.
According to the Menomonee Falls police report:
An employee at Pick 'n Save, N95-W18273 County Line Road, called police after the men put 21 cans of baby formula into shopping bags, loaded them into a green Ford Explorer and drove away about 6:20 p.m. March 2.
The men were arrested a short time later after they were caught concealing baby formula at Target, N95-W17707 Shady Lane, and were taken into custody.
During the investigation, police discovered Ali and Nelson were responsible for stealing a total of 57 cans of baby formula at Target on Feb. 24 and 25. They had worked together to steal the formula by concealing it inside plastic bins. During each incident they were seen loading the stolen formula into a green Ford Explorer.
The stolen formula was recovered and returned to the store. The men told police they stole the formula to sell it for cash due to their drug addictions.
Ali was charged with three misdemeanor counts of retail theft, one felony count of retail theft, and misdemeanor counts of resisting/obstructing an officer, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of an illegally obtained prescription.
Nelson was charged with one felony count of retail theft and three misdemeanor counts of retail theft.
Rhodes was charged with one misdemeanor count of retail theft.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- UberDork Cafe opens in Falls
- Menomonee Falls approves Kwik Trip plans
- Menomonee Falls approves flat tax rate for 2015
- Menomonee Falls School Board lobbies for funding, local control
- Fundraising party for childhood cancer honors Graham's memory
- Graham's memory honored with fundraising party for childhood cancer
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Nov. 13, 2014
- Quest Specialty Coatings challenges OSHA findings
- The community reacts to loss of local legend Ernie Von Schledorn
- Menomonee Falls Radisson Hotel finances come full circle