Menomonee Falls couple charged after heroin overdose
Complaint: Police locate needles, pipes during overdose investigation
A Menomonee Falls couple are facing charges after police were called in to investigate a suspected heroin overdose earlier this month.
Rachel Caplan, 23, was charged March 25 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with possession of narcotic drugs.
Anthony Olla, 21, was charged on the same date with maintaining a drug trafficking place, possession of narcotic drugs and drug paraphernalia possession.
According to the criminal complaint, Menomonee Falls police were dispatched earlier this month to Olla's residence, W215 N5363 Ada Court, after receiving reports of a heroin overdose.
Paramedics on the scene were trying to revive Caplan. Olla told police, "I can't believe this happened, this is my fault," the complaint states.
Olla said in the complaint he found his girlfriend unconscious in the downstairs of the residence after the two had used heroin. He placed the woman in a shower and called 911.
Officers found numerous items of drug paraphernalia in the basement. They searched Olla's room and found more paraphernalia, including a box filled with used hypodermic needles, according to the complaint.
Olla said in the complaint he had injected heroin about an hour before Caplan overdosed.
Caplan could face up to three and a half years in prison and $10,000 in fines if convicted. Olla could face seven years in prison and $20,000 in fines.
Caplan was released March 25 on a $500 signature bond, according to court records. She is expected to appear at a preliminary hearing on April 18.
Olla is expected to make an initial court appearance on April 7.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Hills Plaza: Five months later
- School District of Menomonee Falls happy with ACT results
- Falls on the Riverwalk seeks to replace former Associated Bank building with apartments (8)
- Menomonee Falls School District names new communications director
- Chicago duo face nine counts of credit card fraud after CVS purchases
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Former professional fighter takes Menomonee Falls-based business to next level
- Menomonee Falls world language department uses application, receives regional attention
- Menomonee Falls, Germantown among best places to live