Menomonee Falls, Germantown candidates begin to file papers
Two incumbents file noncandidacy papers
Candidates are slowly starting to turn in their paperwork to run for seats on village and school boards in Germantown and Menomonee Falls. There are 11 seats up for grabs in the two communities.
Candidates must submit their registration statement, declaration of candidacy, and nomination papers with signatures by 5 p.m. Jan. 7 at village hall or school district administration offices.
There are four seats open on the Germantown Village Board that are currently held by David Baum, Jeff Werdeman, Melvin Ewert and Jeff Hughes. No one has filed nomination papers, but Baum, Hughes and Werdeman have all taken out papers. Dennis Myer, who also serves as a County Board supervisor, has also taken out papers. Ewert filed noncandidacy.
Germantown trustees are paid $5,500 and are elected to three-year terms.
Incumbents Bob Soderberg and Lester Spies are the only two people to enter paperwork for the two at-large seats up for election on the Germantown School Board.
Candidacy papers are available in the office of the school district clerk at administrative offices, W13840 Donges Bay Road.
Board members serve three-year terms and are paid $4,000 annually.
There are two seats open on the Menomonee Falls School Board, held now by Ron Bertieri and Gina Palazzari. Palazzari filed noncandidacy papers. Bertieri and Lowell Kellogg have put their names in the running.
Falls School Board members serve three-year terms and are paid $5,000 annually.
Three seats are open on the Falls Village Board. Sharon Ellis and Dennis Farrell's seats are up for election. A third seat that belonged to Jim Jeskewitz, who died in November, is being left vacant until the April election. Joseph Helm is so far the only resident to file nomination papers and is running for Farrell's seat.
Trustees are paid $5,500 and serve three-year terms.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls employees, district to see slight increase to premiums
- Ben Franklin Elementary receives significant facility improvements
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Menomonee Falls students learn about medicine, themselves at Community Memorial Hospital
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 25, 2014
- Plans confirmed for modern industrial development in Menomonee Falls
- Small plane crashes in Lannon
- Kohl's announces holiday hiring plans
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 18, 2014
- Police searching for 2 men for armed robbery at Craigslist sale