Menomonee Falls - Police are seeking two subjects who shoplifted a cart filled with groceries and fled in a silver Cadillac Escalade on at least two separate occasions within the span of a few days at Woodman's, N8145 Highway 145.
According to the police log:
On March 2, two unknown subjects using two grocery carts selected meat, seafood, cleaning and paper products, then met up in one of the aisles where one of the suspects concealed the merchandise in plastic grocery bags at about 1:40 p.m. The subjects then put all the bagged items in one cart and left the store without paying.
The subjects loaded the groceries into the silver Cadillac Escalade and fled the lot in an unknown direction.
A second incident occurred at 12:05 p.m. March 5, when the same subjects shoplifted a cart filled with meat, seafood and cleaning products. A vendor saw the subjects putting the items into plastic bags and reported the theft to store management, but they were unable to confront the subjects before they loaded the items into the silver Escalade with temporary license plates and fled the lot.
In both cases the thefts were captured on video surveillance. According to the police incident log, the suspects, the merchandise stolen and the vehicle were identical in three incidents.
A description of the suspects was not made available in the incident log book. The incident log also noted that the same suspects were involved in a third shoplifting incident of identical merchandise before March 2, but that incident report was not made available.
Police are following up with the store to obtain video surveillance images of the incidents. Police also obtained the number of the temporary license plates on the vehicle and the investigation is ongoing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wisconsin's first Pirtek USA location to open in Menomonee Falls
- Newman will not seek third term as Menomonee Falls Village Board president
- Menomonee Falls School District's lobbying efforts likely to conclude in January
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Dec. 11, 2014
- Four to be added to Menomonee Falls High School Wall of Recognition
- Menomonee Falls' Village Centre features variety of new business offerings
- 'Uberdork' opens arms to Menomonee Falls community
- Community Memorial Hospital seeks approval for major improvements
- Pilgrim Road reconstruction begins, to be completed next year