Residents of the Menomonee Falls School District can expect a lower tax bill as the levy - which includes a 0.4 percent decrease - was approved at the annual meeting Monday night.
About 25 residents approved the total levy of $38,282,890 for the 2012-13 school year. Despite a projected 15 percent decrease in state aid for the 2012-13 school year, the mill rate will be decreased $0.05 per $1,000 of property value. The mill rate will be $11.42 per $1,000.
According to Business Manager Jeff Gross, a property owner with a home valued at $200,000 would see a reduction of $9.17. The property owner would pay $2,285.52.
This is the second year in a row the levy was lowered in the Menomonee Falls School District. For the 2011-12 school year, it was lowered by 1.96 percent.
Total expenditures in the district are down 1 percent. The transition to a self-funded insurance plan and reducing things such as energy and transportation costs helped the district come to a balanced budget and lower levy.
The Department of Public Instruction estimated Falls will receive $8,292,236, a 15.14 percent decrease in general aid for the 2012-2013 school year. State aid numbers are finalized in October.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Complaint: Menomonee Falls parents fed son dog food, denied him restroom
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Menomonee Falls district approves preliminary layoff notices, letter to legislators
- Temporary burn ban lifted for Waukesha County, Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls family heads up local shoe drive for Dondo Amor
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start before Sept. 1
- Proposed bill would allow Menomonee Falls school district to start before Sept. 1
- Falls school board to review, approve layoff notices
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 19, 2015