Residents of the Menomonee Falls School District can expect a lower tax bill as the levy - which includes a 0.4 percent decrease - was approved at the annual meeting Monday night.
About 25 residents approved the total levy of $38,282,890 for the 2012-13 school year. Despite a projected 15 percent decrease in state aid for the 2012-13 school year, the mill rate will be decreased $0.05 per $1,000 of property value. The mill rate will be $11.42 per $1,000.
According to Business Manager Jeff Gross, a property owner with a home valued at $200,000 would see a reduction of $9.17. The property owner would pay $2,285.52.
This is the second year in a row the levy was lowered in the Menomonee Falls School District. For the 2011-12 school year, it was lowered by 1.96 percent.
Total expenditures in the district are down 1 percent. The transition to a self-funded insurance plan and reducing things such as energy and transportation costs helped the district come to a balanced budget and lower levy.
The Department of Public Instruction estimated Falls will receive $8,292,236, a 15.14 percent decrease in general aid for the 2012-2013 school year. State aid numbers are finalized in October.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County to hold public information meeting for work on Lilly Road in Menomonee Falls
- The "voice" of Menomonee Falls sports Jerry Mislang arrested, facing criminal charges
- What residents in Southeast Wisconsin need to know to prevent the spread of Zika virus
- New Director of Business Services for the School District of Menomonee Falls settling into new role
- School District of Menomonee Falls faces $1.1 million budget deficit in 2016-17
- Man guilty of sexually assaulting Menomonee Falls teenager forced into relationship with him
- Things To Do: Feb. 11, 2016
- Patio Players bring out the laughs in female 'Odd Couple'
- UPDATE: Nine crashes, 25 damaged vehicles reported in Feb. 9 crash on Highway 41 in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016