Menomonee Falls — Two Milwaukee men will appear in court for the second time Monday, Aug. 18, for their connection to a police chase that ended in a crash at Mill and Lilly roads the morning of Friday, July 25.
Marco Smith, a 34-year-old felon, is charged with armed robbery, and Willie Sterling, 24, is charged with armed robbery and evading an officer. Both had their initial hearing at the Milwaukee County Courthouse on Wednesday, Aug. 6.
Three people were injured as the result of a crash, which occurred as the Milwaukee Police Department was in pursuit of a suspect driving a Chevrolet Suburban eastbound on Mill Road, according to Lt. Kevin Von Bank. The men were involved in several armed robberies in Milwaukee that morning before colliding with a van that was driving northbound on Lilly Road.
The robberies occurred on Milwaukee's northwest side earlier that day around 5:50 a.m. in the 4600 block of West Villard Avenue, 6 a.m. in the 5300 block of North 64th Street, and 6:10 a.m. in the 6900 block of North 76th Street. A bag, a cell phone, $10 and credit cards; a book bag, cell phone, identification card, and checkbooks; and a purse were taken from these robberies.
Just after 7 a.m. on July 25, Milwaukee Lt. Mark Stanmeye said officers in Milwaukee police district four observed the vehicle in the 7500 block of West Mill Road and pulled the vehicle over. At that point Smith confessed at the scene, but Sterling, of Minnesota, slid over to the driver's seat and fled in the vehicle.
District four officers pursued the vehicle into Menomonee Falls until just before 7:15 a.m. when the crash occurred, according to Stanmeye.
The two occupants of the van were injured, Von Bank said, as was Sterling, who was driving the vehicle. All four people were taken to local hospitals for treatment and evaluation, and subsequently released.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting a Menomonee Falls teenager
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Kindergarten enrollment night set for Feb. 4
- Two suspects charged with passing fake $100 bills at Menomonee Falls Target
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Jan. 29, 2015
- Menomonee Falls district continues discussion on facilities options
- Two-day Menomonee Falls event to feature chili crawl, ice carving
- CMH accepting scholarship applications from Menomonee Falls-area students
- Costco earns approval from Menomonee Falls village officials