Menomonee Falls — Two Milwaukee men will appear in court for the second time Monday, Aug. 18, for their connection to a police chase that ended in a crash at Mill and Lilly roads the morning of Friday, July 25.
Marco Smith, a 34-year-old felon, is charged with armed robbery, and Willie Sterling, 24, is charged with armed robbery and evading an officer. Both had their initial hearing at the Milwaukee County Courthouse on Wednesday, Aug. 6.
Three people were injured as the result of a crash, which occurred as the Milwaukee Police Department was in pursuit of a suspect driving a Chevrolet Suburban eastbound on Mill Road, according to Lt. Kevin Von Bank. The men were involved in several armed robberies in Milwaukee that morning before colliding with a van that was driving northbound on Lilly Road.
The robberies occurred on Milwaukee's northwest side earlier that day around 5:50 a.m. in the 4600 block of West Villard Avenue, 6 a.m. in the 5300 block of North 64th Street, and 6:10 a.m. in the 6900 block of North 76th Street. A bag, a cell phone, $10 and credit cards; a book bag, cell phone, identification card, and checkbooks; and a purse were taken from these robberies.
Just after 7 a.m. on July 25, Milwaukee Lt. Mark Stanmeye said officers in Milwaukee police district four observed the vehicle in the 7500 block of West Mill Road and pulled the vehicle over. At that point Smith confessed at the scene, but Sterling, of Minnesota, slid over to the driver's seat and fled in the vehicle.
District four officers pursued the vehicle into Menomonee Falls until just before 7:15 a.m. when the crash occurred, according to Stanmeye.
The two occupants of the van were injured, Von Bank said, as was Sterling, who was driving the vehicle. All four people were taken to local hospitals for treatment and evaluation, and subsequently released.
- Cozzini Bros. to move into Falls Commerce Center
- Getting to know Menomonee Falls Little League President Donald Patten
- Work on Pilgrim Road to begin in Menomonee Falls, will be temporary
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- My Fair Lady takes to the stage in Falls Patio Players production
- Menomonee Falls' A Better Me wellness spa takes unique approach to relaxation
- The Falls Guy, April 21, 2016: Their field of dreams is ready to open
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- Menomonee Falls High School FBLA team clinches state for the third year in a row
- Custom Data Too Mail to open in Falls Commerce Center in Menomonee Falls