Menomonee Falls - Jeremy Walz, who has worked with for a Menomonee Falls machine shop for 15 years, is running for seat four on the Village Board.
Walz, 35, served in the Army National Guard from 2000 to 2006. He received the Battalion Commanders Excellence Award and LDRSHIP Award, which is voted for by peers for the soldier who best represents the core Army values. He also achieved the rank of sergeant before being honorably discharged in 2006.
Walz was also a distinguished honor graduate for Advanced Individual Training.
With a bachelor's of science degree in history and political science from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee's School of Education, Walz has also worked as a substitute teacher in Cedarburg and Grafton school districts.
"I'm running for Village Board for the same reason that I joined the military, the opportunity to serve a purpose bigger then myself," Walz said. "I am a hard worker, have an open mind, am a thoughtful listener and strive hard to earn respect and be respectful. I believe that I can be an asset to our community serving on the Village Board."
Walz said he believes in honest, transparent and accountable representation.
"I will work hard and be accessible for the residents of Menomonee Falls," he said.
- Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What residents in Southeast Wisconsin need to know to prevent the spread of Zika virus
- New Director of Business Services for the School District of Menomonee Falls settling into new role
- School District of Menomonee Falls faces $1.1 million budget deficit in 2016-17
- Man guilty of sexually assaulting Menomonee Falls teenager forced into relationship with him
- Things To Do: Feb. 11, 2016
- Patio Players bring out the laughs in female 'Odd Couple'
- UPDATE: Nine crashes, 25 damaged vehicles reported in Feb. 9 crash on Highway 41 in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- School District of Menomonee Falls could lose administrative staff member Gary Kiltz to Greendale
- The Falls Guy, Feb. 11, 2016: Not quite Super