Menomonee Falls - Jeremy Walz, who has worked with for a Menomonee Falls machine shop for 15 years, is running for seat four on the Village Board.
Walz, 35, served in the Army National Guard from 2000 to 2006. He received the Battalion Commanders Excellence Award and LDRSHIP Award, which is voted for by peers for the soldier who best represents the core Army values. He also achieved the rank of sergeant before being honorably discharged in 2006.
Walz was also a distinguished honor graduate for Advanced Individual Training.
With a bachelor's of science degree in history and political science from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee's School of Education, Walz has also worked as a substitute teacher in Cedarburg and Grafton school districts.
"I'm running for Village Board for the same reason that I joined the military, the opportunity to serve a purpose bigger then myself," Walz said. "I am a hard worker, have an open mind, am a thoughtful listener and strive hard to earn respect and be respectful. I believe that I can be an asset to our community serving on the Village Board."
Walz said he believes in honest, transparent and accountable representation.
"I will work hard and be accessible for the residents of Menomonee Falls," he said.
- Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction to start on Highway 175 in Washington County
- Menomonee Falls Dance Team to compete in kick, jazz at state competition Feb. 6
- Menomonee Falls Comprehensive Plan complete, set for possible approval this spring
- Park plans include upgrades to Village Park, new park on southwest side in Menomonee Falls
- School District of Menomonee Falls to continue examining results of one-time Badger exam
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Menomonee Falls board to review plans for improvements to Village Park, new park on southwest side
- Students host "Red Out" game at Menomonee Falls High School
- Ally's Bistro begins construction on expansion; slated to finish in June (1)
- School District of Menomonee Falls approves Sept. 1 start date