Menomonee Falls - Jeremy Walz, who has worked with for a Menomonee Falls machine shop for 15 years, is running for seat four on the Village Board.
Walz, 35, served in the Army National Guard from 2000 to 2006. He received the Battalion Commanders Excellence Award and LDRSHIP Award, which is voted for by peers for the soldier who best represents the core Army values. He also achieved the rank of sergeant before being honorably discharged in 2006.
Walz was also a distinguished honor graduate for Advanced Individual Training.
With a bachelor's of science degree in history and political science from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee's School of Education, Walz has also worked as a substitute teacher in Cedarburg and Grafton school districts.
"I'm running for Village Board for the same reason that I joined the military, the opportunity to serve a purpose bigger then myself," Walz said. "I am a hard worker, have an open mind, am a thoughtful listener and strive hard to earn respect and be respectful. I believe that I can be an asset to our community serving on the Village Board."
Walz said he believes in honest, transparent and accountable representation.
"I will work hard and be accessible for the residents of Menomonee Falls," he said.
- Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MMSD expansion prepares area near CMH in Menomonee Falls for future residential development
- Sussex man receives national award for cleaning house, building relationships
- Menomonee Falls opts not to offer new Chapter 220 seats, fewer open enrollment seats in 2015-16
- Menomonee Falls district doesn't change stance on use of Common Core
- Man pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting a Menomonee Falls teenager
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Kindergarten enrollment night set for Feb. 4
- Two suspects charged with passing fake $100 bills at Menomonee Falls Target
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Jan. 29, 2015