Two drivers were recently spotted racing out of Pick 'n Save's parking lot in an attempt to beat a siren-shrilling, horn-blasting fire engine approaching the lighted intersection.
Why did these two individuals think where they were going was more important than where the fire engine was going? I nastily wished it was their homes in flames.
Emergency equipment takes precedence over ordinary folk facing green lights. When did we become a nation of the ignorant, the rude, the self-centered, jeopardizing lives because we need to be first?
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Falls Guy, Feb. 11, 2016: Not quite Super
- Construction to start on Highway 175 in Washington County
- Menomonee Falls Dance Team to compete in kick, jazz at state competition Feb. 6
- Menomonee Falls Comprehensive Plan complete, set for possible approval this spring
- Park planning continues in Menomonee Falls
- School District of Menomonee Falls to continue examining results of one-time Badger exam
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Menomonee Falls board to review plans for improvements to Village Park, new park on southwest side
- Students host "Red Out" game at Menomonee Falls High School (1)
- Ally's Bistro begins construction on expansion; slated to finish in June (1)