Two drivers were recently spotted racing out of Pick 'n Save's parking lot in an attempt to beat a siren-shrilling, horn-blasting fire engine approaching the lighted intersection.
Why did these two individuals think where they were going was more important than where the fire engine was going? I nastily wished it was their homes in flames.
Emergency equipment takes precedence over ordinary folk facing green lights. When did we become a nation of the ignorant, the rude, the self-centered, jeopardizing lives because we need to be first?
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 18, 2014
- Police searching for 2 men for armed robbery at Craigslist sale
- Menomonee Falls Village Board approves sale of Radisson Hotel
- Menomonee Falls High School student named National Merit Scholarship semifinalist
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 11, 2014
- Kohl's seeks to unload Woodland Prime building
- Trapped: An inside look at the effect of ALS on people, families and the community
- School district taxes remain flat for Menomonee Falls residents
- Menomonee Falls man dies in house fire
- Menomonee Falls Target store evacuated