George Webb Back
in Menomonee Falls
Menomonee Falls — It's been a while, but George Webb is coming back to Menomonee Falls. The George Webb family of restaurants is expanding to include a new location.
Located in Colonial Plaza, W16825 Appleton Avenue, the spot has been occupied by a number of restaurants in recent years, including Villagio and Three Cuisines. As of late last month, it is the 32nd George Webb location in Wisconsin.
It is the fourth franchise for Dan and Peggy Mueller. At 40,000 square feet, the new location is a great deal larger than its former location down the road. The dining area seats up to 70 people, in addition to the private room that features space for parties up to 40.
"This is one of the largest George Webb restaurants....which makes it a great place for families, friends and groups to meet," said Dan Mueller.
Costco to be anchor
of Whitestone Station
Menomonee Falls — A new Costco store will anchor a large mixed-use development planned for the former home of Stoler Steel and Western Industries.
Known as Whitestone Station, the project is planned for a 65-acre formerly industrial area south of Highway 41/45 and west of Pilgrim Road.
Construction of the third Costco in the Milwaukee area follows the development's first phase, a Wisconsin Athletic Club and Froedert Health sports medicine facility, which opened late 2013.
Work has begun on the project, which will also feature several other retail buildings totaling around 240,000 square feet, as well as about 320 high-end apartments to be developed by Milwaukee-based Fiduciary Real Estate Development Inc.
Falls school district gives 2 William Pierce Awards
Menomonee Falls — Children's Community Center and University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Lubar School of Business advisor Quincy LaGrant are this year's recipients of the William Pierce Partnership in Education Award.
Both were honored recently with the award, which recognizes partnerships with the Menomonee Falls School District that develop an awareness of careers and educational opportunity.
In partnership with local businesses, 24 district students participate in the Supervised Education Experience program throughout the area.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee man charged in armed robbery at Menomonee Falls Associated Bank
- Commercial development will be allowed at Falls gateway intersection
- Milwaukee man charged in armed robbery at Falls Associated Bank
- Man accused of trying to steal a car from his former employer
- New Berlin tax rate to stay flat due to increase in city's tax base
- Community Memorial Hospital, Washington County ready for potential Ebola outbreak
- Prince of Peace open house welcomes new pastor, features family activities
- Menomonee Falls board to review land-use amendment
- Two suspects in custody after armed robbery at Associated Bank
- Enrollment lower than expected in Menomonee Falls