In order to accommodate a subdivision planned at the Lied's Nursery site in Menomonee Falls, village officials on Tuesday moved to include the land in the Menomonee Falls sanitary sewer service area.
Lied's Nursery Co. is looking to sell its 100-plus acre plot of land located east of Town Line Road, south of the Union Pacific Railroad to Developer Jim Forester and Point Real Estate for a future subdivision.
Before the sale goes through, Lied's requested that the Menomonee Falls sanitary sewer service area plan be amended to include their property — a necessary step for a subdivision development. The Village Board on Tuesday unanimously approved the amendment after a public hearing where no one spoke for or against the proposal.
The Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission, which governs metropolitan infrastructure including sanitary sewer planning, and the Department of Natural Resources have to also approve the inclusion of new land into the sewer service area before it becomes official. The Regional Planning Commission plans to move the amendment forward at a September meeting and then forward the changes to the DNR, which is the regulatory agency for sewerage systems, for final approval.
The Sussex wastewater treatment plant would serve that area of the village. The development would increase the planned sewer service area by 3 percent, according to village documents. This is an allowable increase, said village Director of Engineering Services Tom Hoffman.
The board on Tuesday also approved the request of Forester to create the Lied's Property Planned Residential Development for a subdivision layout that creates 127 single family lots and 12 duplex lots along the east side of Town Line Road. The development has an estimated value of $57 million, said Village Trustee Steve Raymonds.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wheeling for Healing bike ride scheduled for Aug. 8 supports the Cancer Care Center
- Tornado Brewing opens location in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Comedian has eyes on a brighter future
- Menomonee Falls has a sweet way to remove hair
- Menomonee Falls water report now available online
- The Community league hosts their first ever garden tour in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls approves outdoor dining parameters
- Village of Menomonee Falls to meet Tuesday night to select new trustee
- Change from Tazinos to Pizza Crafters finalized in Menomonee Falls (1)