A commercial bakery moved a step closer to construction on Tuesday after the Menomonee Falls Plan Commission approved a new facility proposed for the Westbrook Business Park.
The 22,047-square-foot building on the west side of Westbrook would serve as headquarters for the company. It would handle the administrative, baking, warehousing and distribution for the company that was not identified in village documents.
"They need a much larger space so it's a great opportunity to come to our community and a great opportunity for us to embrace a new business," said Village Trustee and member of the Plan Commission Mike McDonald. He did not know the name of the business.
He did say plans call for the bakery to have a small retail area in the front of the building, though much of the business will be for wholesale.
McDonald said the company has plans to grow rapidly within the next few years. According to village documents, there are currently 29 employees working on one shift; however, they plan to grow to accommodate 100 employees across multiple shifts within three years.
The facility would typically receive and ship three to five trucks per day. In addition, they have a small fleet of delivery vans for local deliveries.
"It will be a great addition to the industrial park," McDonald said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction to start on Highway 175 in Washington County
- Menomonee Falls Dance Team to compete in kick, jazz at state competition Feb. 6
- Menomonee Falls Comprehensive Plan complete, set for possible approval this spring
- Park plans include upgrades to Village Park, new park on southwest side in Menomonee Falls
- School District of Menomonee Falls to continue examining results of one-time Badger exam
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Menomonee Falls board to review plans for improvements to Village Park, new park on southwest side
- Students host "Red Out" game at Menomonee Falls High School (1)
- Ally's Bistro begins construction on expansion; slated to finish in June (1)
- School District of Menomonee Falls approves Sept. 1 start date