The Menomonee Falls Plan Commission on Tuesday approved a permit for an FBI facility to be located on Town Hall Road.
Menomonee Falls is one of three locations the federal government is looking at to relocate its regional office currently located on Kilbourn Avenue in Milwaukee. The Plan Commission approved the conditional use permit with ten conditions for the renovation of an existing 105,000 square foot facility at W180 N7950 Town Hall Road.
The now vacant building used to be a health and medical facility that has since moved across the street. Procacci Development Corp. is the contract purchaser of the property and would lease the building to the federal government.
Should the Menomonee Falls site be selected, the architectural plans would have to be approved by the Architectural Control Board to ensure the project fits the aesthetics of the village, said Planning Commissioner Michael McDonald.
"We are one of the communities in the running so we made it so it provided enough flexibility initially that they don't have to jump through hoops, but then ensure that it is compatible with the community and meets the security needs of the FBI," he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: April 23, 2015
- Menomonee Falls educators receive national awards
- Falls Village Board President steps down, highlights positives from tenure
- Imagination runs wild in Brookfield East's spring play, 'Twelfth Night'
- Menomonee Falls issues raze or repair order on site of March building collapse
- Menomonee Falls Tazino's remains open
- Pilgrim Road off-ramps in Menomonee Falls to close in both directions April 20
- Former Menomonee Falls village president welcomes grandson following tragic loss
- Bus shelters coming to Bluemound Road in Brookfield
- Update: 911 call reveals details of attempted carjacking in Menomonee Falls (1)