The Menomonee Falls Plan Commission on Tuesday approved a permit for an FBI facility to be located on Town Hall Road.
Menomonee Falls is one of three locations the federal government is looking at to relocate its regional office currently located on Kilbourn Avenue in Milwaukee. The Plan Commission approved the conditional use permit with ten conditions for the renovation of an existing 105,000 square foot facility at W180 N7950 Town Hall Road.
The now vacant building used to be a health and medical facility that has since moved across the street. Procacci Development Corp. is the contract purchaser of the property and would lease the building to the federal government.
Should the Menomonee Falls site be selected, the architectural plans would have to be approved by the Architectural Control Board to ensure the project fits the aesthetics of the village, said Planning Commissioner Michael McDonald.
"We are one of the communities in the running so we made it so it provided enough flexibility initially that they don't have to jump through hoops, but then ensure that it is compatible with the community and meets the security needs of the FBI," he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- World War II, Korea vet Mathiak dies
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: July 2, 2015
- Civil War encampment and ice cream social at Old Falls Village
- Wheeling for Healing bike ride scheduled for Aug. 8 supports the Cancer Care Center
- Tornado Brewing opens location in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Comedian has eyes on a brighter future
- Menomonee Falls has a sweet way to remove hair
- Menomonee Falls water report now available online
- The Community league hosts their first ever garden tour in Menomonee Falls