The Menomonee Falls Plan Commission on Tuesday approved a permit for an FBI facility to be located on Town Hall Road.
Menomonee Falls is one of three locations the federal government is looking at to relocate its regional office currently located on Kilbourn Avenue in Milwaukee. The Plan Commission approved the conditional use permit with ten conditions for the renovation of an existing 105,000 square foot facility at W180 N7950 Town Hall Road.
The now vacant building used to be a health and medical facility that has since moved across the street. Procacci Development Corp. is the contract purchaser of the property and would lease the building to the federal government.
Should the Menomonee Falls site be selected, the architectural plans would have to be approved by the Architectural Control Board to ensure the project fits the aesthetics of the village, said Planning Commissioner Michael McDonald.
"We are one of the communities in the running so we made it so it provided enough flexibility initially that they don't have to jump through hoops, but then ensure that it is compatible with the community and meets the security needs of the FBI," he said.
- Menomonee Falls Police Report, May 5, 2016
- The Falls Guy, May 5, 2016: Cruisin' down memory lane
- Cozzini Bros. to move into Falls Commerce Center
- Getting to know Menomonee Falls Little League President Donald Patten
- Work on Pilgrim Road to begin in Menomonee Falls, will be temporary
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- My Fair Lady takes to the stage in Falls Patio Players production
- Menomonee Falls' A Better Me wellness spa takes unique approach to relaxation
- The Falls Guy, April 21, 2016: Their field of dreams is ready to open
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 21, 2016