The Menomonee Falls Plan Commission on Tuesday approved a permit for an FBI facility to be located on Town Hall Road.
Menomonee Falls is one of three locations the federal government is looking at to relocate its regional office currently located on Kilbourn Avenue in Milwaukee. The Plan Commission approved the conditional use permit with ten conditions for the renovation of an existing 105,000 square foot facility at W180 N7950 Town Hall Road.
The now vacant building used to be a health and medical facility that has since moved across the street. Procacci Development Corp. is the contract purchaser of the property and would lease the building to the federal government.
Should the Menomonee Falls site be selected, the architectural plans would have to be approved by the Architectural Control Board to ensure the project fits the aesthetics of the village, said Planning Commissioner Michael McDonald.
"We are one of the communities in the running so we made it so it provided enough flexibility initially that they don't have to jump through hoops, but then ensure that it is compatible with the community and meets the security needs of the FBI," he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Old Falls Village Days set for weekend of May 30-31
- Bank of Memories and Flowers owner Melissa Maas wins award from Floral Association
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 21, 2015
- Menomonee Falls WWII veteran Lester Tews looks forward to Honor Flight
- First Bank Financial Centre of Menomonee Falls gives back to community
- Permit pulled, plans progress for demolition, reconstruction of North Hills Plaza
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 14, 2015
- Brandtjen's May listening session to be held in the Falls on May 17
- Pilgrim Road Bridge demolition to happen in next few days, freeway to close