Menomonee Falls police officers investigating a report of a car in the ditch found a driver who was loaded in more ways than one.
According to police:
The driver of a 1996 Ford truck left the roadway on the north side of Lisbon Road and drove about 70 feet before entering a deep ditch about 1,500 feet east of Graysland Drive East at about 11:30 a.m. Dec. 20. The truck damaged a fence during the accident and the driver had minor injuries.
Officers noticed an odor of intoxicants coming from the driver, a 52-year-old Menomonee Falls man. When questioned, the driver readily admitted drinking rum and Cokes that morning at home before driving his vehicle. He failed field sobriety tests and was arrested for drunken driving. His blood alcohol content was 0.13.
During a vehicle search police also discovered the driver had a loaded .44 magnum revolver in his truck.
The revolver was taken as evidence and state charges are being referred to the Waukesha County District Attorney's office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction to begin on expanded emergency department at CMH in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls School Board takes steps to include two referendum questions on April 2016 ballot
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Feb. 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls woman, local couples vacation with a cause
- Germantown dog doesn't win at Westminster but holds head high
- Damage to vacant Menomonee Falls school property estimated well over $10,000
- Vacant Menomonee Falls school property vandalized
- Falls School Board to discuss public involvement in development of facilities plans
- Muskego-Norway School District to move middle school start time back
- High School students from Menomonee Falls earn honorable mention in JA Business Challenge