Menomonee Falls police officers investigating a report of a car in the ditch found a driver who was loaded in more ways than one.
According to police:
The driver of a 1996 Ford truck left the roadway on the north side of Lisbon Road and drove about 70 feet before entering a deep ditch about 1,500 feet east of Graysland Drive East at about 11:30 a.m. Dec. 20. The truck damaged a fence during the accident and the driver had minor injuries.
Officers noticed an odor of intoxicants coming from the driver, a 52-year-old Menomonee Falls man. When questioned, the driver readily admitted drinking rum and Cokes that morning at home before driving his vehicle. He failed field sobriety tests and was arrested for drunken driving. His blood alcohol content was 0.13.
During a vehicle search police also discovered the driver had a loaded .44 magnum revolver in his truck.
The revolver was taken as evidence and state charges are being referred to the Waukesha County District Attorney's office.
- Falls Guy, June 30: A new member of the team
- Menomonee Falls to hold forum on East Main Street redevelopment
- Police continue search for suspect in indecent exposure incident in Menomonee Falls
- Tri-County YMCA plans improvements to Menomonee Falls facility, family programming
- Local woman to show off beautiful blooms in Garden Tour
- A (Cherry) Pit stop for Menomonee Falls recording studio
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, June 23, 2016
- Yellow bricks at Thomas Jefferson found to contain lead paint (2)
- Menomonee Falls man accused of inappropriately touching woman with dementia
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 16, 2016