Police on Thursday investigated a bomb threat at North Middle School in Menomonee Falls after graffiti was found in a school restroom indicating the threat of a bomb on "Friday."
The Menomonee Falls Police Department was immediately notified and the school was searched after the bomb threat written in graffiti was discovered Thursday afternoon. No further threats were found, according to a School District letter sent to parents. A canine search was also conducted before students were allowed to enter into the building today. Police were also stationed at the school throughout the day to ensure student and staff safety.
Schools in surrounding areas have experienced similar incidents in the last few days, according to the letter. The district's letter also urged parents to educate their children about the seriousness of this type of implied threat.
- Farmers markets springing to life in Sussex, Butler, Menomonee Falls
- Old Falls Village Days set for June 4-5
- Street festival to mark Memorial Day in Menomonee Falls (1)
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- The 'wurst' idea for the best summer
- Load your basket with these picnic tips
- Something for all us to scream about: Ice cream tips for a hot, hot summer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Menomonee Falls North Middle School seventh-grader to compete at National Spelling Bee (1)
- Overnight closure of Highway 45 at I-41/US 45 split