Two residents arrested after separate gunshot incidents
Menomonee Falls - Police officers who responded to two separate reports of gunshots less than 24 hours apart arrested two residents for illegally discharging a firearm on April 7 and 8.
According to Menomonee Falls police:
Officers responded to the N49 W20800 block of Lisbon Road after a caller reported that someone was firing a shotgun on the rear porch of a residence at about 4:30 p.m. April 7.
When a records check of the residence showed the homeowner had multiple prior arrests for possessing a gun while intoxicated, the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department and Brookfield Police assisted officers by setting up a perimeter around the residence before police made contact with the resident.
Police ended up arresting the homeowner, a 56-year-old woman, for discharging a firearm in a prohibited location after she admitted shooting a long gun in her backyard.
At 1:30 p.m. April 8, police received a report of gunshots being fired at a residence in the N85 W17200 block of Roosevelt Drive. Police arrested the male homeowner after he admitted firing a 9mm gun in his backyard while he was intoxicated.
Police recovered the firearm, along with several spent and full 9mm ammunition rounds, and took the man into custody. Officers also confiscated the man's other weapons and are holding them for safekeeping.
- The Falls Guy, June 2, 2016: Kohl's will accept this kind of Payne
- Farmers markets springing to life in Sussex, Butler, Menomonee Falls
- Old Falls Village Days set for June 4-5
- Street festival to mark Memorial Day in Menomonee Falls (1)
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- The 'wurst' idea for the best summer
- Load your basket with these picnic tips
- Something for all us to scream about: Ice cream tips for a hot, hot summer
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Menomonee Falls North Middle School seventh-grader to compete at National Spelling Bee (1)