Two residents arrested after separate gunshot incidents
Menomonee Falls - Police officers who responded to two separate reports of gunshots less than 24 hours apart arrested two residents for illegally discharging a firearm on April 7 and 8.
According to Menomonee Falls police:
Officers responded to the N49 W20800 block of Lisbon Road after a caller reported that someone was firing a shotgun on the rear porch of a residence at about 4:30 p.m. April 7.
When a records check of the residence showed the homeowner had multiple prior arrests for possessing a gun while intoxicated, the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department and Brookfield Police assisted officers by setting up a perimeter around the residence before police made contact with the resident.
Police ended up arresting the homeowner, a 56-year-old woman, for discharging a firearm in a prohibited location after she admitted shooting a long gun in her backyard.
At 1:30 p.m. April 8, police received a report of gunshots being fired at a residence in the N85 W17200 block of Roosevelt Drive. Police arrested the male homeowner after he admitted firing a 9mm gun in his backyard while he was intoxicated.
Police recovered the firearm, along with several spent and full 9mm ammunition rounds, and took the man into custody. Officers also confiscated the man's other weapons and are holding them for safekeeping.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction to start on Highway 175 in Washington County
- Menomonee Falls Dance Team to compete in kick, jazz at state competition Feb. 6
- Menomonee Falls Comprehensive Plan complete, set for possible approval this spring
- Park plans include upgrades to Village Park, new park on southwest side in Menomonee Falls
- School District of Menomonee Falls to continue examining results of one-time Badger exam
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Menomonee Falls board to review plans for improvements to Village Park, new park on southwest side
- Students host "Red Out" game at Menomonee Falls High School
- Ally's Bistro begins construction on expansion; slated to finish in June (1)
- School District of Menomonee Falls approves Sept. 1 start date