Underage man arrested for drinking, stealing dog's meds
Menomonee Falls - A 19-year-old Mequon man was arrested for underage drinking and drug possession after he walked up to a police officer to ask if his car was ticketed for illegal parking on April 21.
According to the police report, the suspect approached a Menomonee Falls police squad while the officer was doing parking enforcement to inquire if his vehicle parked on Ash Drive had been ticketed. The officer observed the suspect was obviously intoxicated, slurring his speech and stumbling. The officer gave the man a preliminary breath test which indicated his blood alcohol content was 0.14.
While the officer was patting down the suspect he found 22 prescription 50 mg tramadol pills in his pants pockets. The suspect admitted taking the painkilling drugs from a house that he was "hanging out at" in the W147 N6400 block of Ash Drive. The drugs the suspect stole turned out to be a prescription medication for a dog at the residence.
The man was taken into custody for underage drinking and possession of prescription medication, cited and released.
The owner of the dog chose not pursue theft charges.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Falls police investigating armed bank robbery
- Overnight fire damages Menomonee Falls home
- Village adds acre to sewer service area
- Menomonee Falls Parkway, Megal Drive water main among notable 2013 projects
- Menomonee Falls manufacturer Ultra Tool plans expansion
- Kohl's to return $2M grant from Falls
- Germantown police investigating slew of overnight vehicle break-ins
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Falls plans future of Woodland Prime after Kohl's backs out of development (2)
- News & Notes: Nov. 26