Menomonee Falls police arrested a 29-year-old Milwaukee man after he wrestled with a Pick 'n Save employee who tried to detain him for shoplifting on Friday evening.
According to the police report:
The suspect was seen concealing two bottles of vodka in his book bag and walking past the last point of purchase at the supermarket, N95 W18273 County Line Road, shortly after 7:30 p.m. Aug. 10.
When an employee attempted to stop the suspect in the parking lot, he resisted, and the two men began to wrestle. The suspect then got into a boxer stance and threatened the employee, saying he had a gun in his bag.
Police responded and arrested the suspect on state charges of disorderly conduct and shoplifting. The suspect was on probation at the time of the incident and was transported to the Waukesha County Jail facility.
The two bottles of vodka were recovered and returned to the store.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Butler man arrested for threatening former employer
- Police Report: Dec. 9
- One dead in rash of Sunday morning crashes in Menomonee Falls
- Stakeholders host public information meeting to discuss future of Germantown golf course land
- Falls police investigating armed bank robbery
- Overnight fire damages Menomonee Falls home
- Village adds acre to sewer service area
- Menomonee Falls Parkway, Megal Drive water main among notable 2013 projects
- Menomonee Falls manufacturer Ultra Tool plans expansion
- Kohl's to return $2M grant from Falls