A Menomonee Falls man was arrested after he threatened to shoot himself because he was upset about his cable bill on July 27.
According to the incident report:
The subject, a 60-year-old Menomonee Falls man, called Time Warner Cable to complain about his cable bill at about 6:40 p.m. July 27. During the phone call, the subject told the Time Warner customer service representative that he was going to get a gun and kill himself.
Shortly after making this statement, the subject left the phone line open. The telephone representative stated he then heard a loud noise, followed by moaning sounds, and quickly called police.
Police responded to the subject's home in the N76 W14500 block of Northpoint Drive and attempted several times to make contact with the resident, but the subject failed to respond.
The subject eventually walked out onto his back patio and an officer ordered him to comply with his commands. The man was clearly intoxicated, according to police.
After the subject refused to cooperate with police or listen to their commands, an officer deployed an electronic control device and decentralized him, according to the report.
Police transported the subject to Community Memorial Hospital for evaluation and treatment for injuries and he was cited for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Old Falls Village Days set for weekend of May 30-31
- Bank of Memories and Flowers owner Melissa Maas wins award from Floral Association
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 21, 2015
- Menomonee Falls WWII veteran Lester Tews looks forward to Honor Flight
- First Bank Financial Centre of Menomonee Falls gives back to community
- Permit pulled, plans progress for demolition, reconstruction of North Hills Plaza
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 14, 2015
- Brandtjen's May listening session to be held in the Falls on May 17
- Pilgrim Road Bridge demolition to happen in next few days, freeway to close