A Menomonee Falls man was arrested after he threatened to shoot himself because he was upset about his cable bill on July 27.
According to the incident report:
The subject, a 60-year-old Menomonee Falls man, called Time Warner Cable to complain about his cable bill at about 6:40 p.m. July 27. During the phone call, the subject told the Time Warner customer service representative that he was going to get a gun and kill himself.
Shortly after making this statement, the subject left the phone line open. The telephone representative stated he then heard a loud noise, followed by moaning sounds, and quickly called police.
Police responded to the subject's home in the N76 W14500 block of Northpoint Drive and attempted several times to make contact with the resident, but the subject failed to respond.
The subject eventually walked out onto his back patio and an officer ordered him to comply with his commands. The man was clearly intoxicated, according to police.
After the subject refused to cooperate with police or listen to their commands, an officer deployed an electronic control device and decentralized him, according to the report.
Police transported the subject to Community Memorial Hospital for evaluation and treatment for injuries and he was cited for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- UberDork Cafe opens in Falls
- Menomonee Falls approves Kwik Trip plans
- Menomonee Falls approves flat tax rate for 2015
- Menomonee Falls School Board lobbies for funding, local control
- Fundraising party for childhood cancer honors Graham's memory
- Graham's memory honored with fundraising party for childhood cancer
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Nov. 13, 2014
- Quest Specialty Coatings challenges OSHA findings
- The community reacts to loss of local legend Ernie Von Schledorn
- Menomonee Falls Radisson Hotel finances come full circle