Police searching for suspects in baby formula thefts
Menomonee Falls - Menomonee Falls police are searching for two men who shoplifted more than 20 cans of baby formula from two area grocery stores within a half-hour period on Dec. 11.
According to the police log:
A loss prevention employee at Pick 'n Save, N77 W14435 Appleton Ave., called police after two unknown men were seen concealing 15 cans of Gerber Good Start baby formula in their jackets on video surveillance at 5 p.m. Dec. 11. The men immediately left the store without attempting to pay for the items.
Approximately 20 minutes later video surveillance at the Pick 'n Save on County Line Road captured the same two men concealing 11 cans of Gerber baby formula and two sets of Gillette razor blades. The men left the store at 5:30 p.m. and fled in an unknown direction.
According to police, one of the suspects is also involved in a shoplifting incident at the Appleton Avenue Pick 'n Save on Dec. 14.
Police discover loaded weapon on drunken driver
Menomonee Falls - Officers investigating a report of a car in the ditch found a driver who was loaded in more ways than one.
According to police:
The driver of a 1996 Ford truck left the roadway on the north side of Lisbon Road and drove about 70 feet before entering a deep ditch about 1,500 feet east of Graysland Drive East at about 11:30 a.m. Dec. 20. The truck damaged a fence during the accident and the driver had minor injuries.
Officers noticed an odor of intoxicants coming from the driver, a 52-year-old Menomonee Falls man. When questioned, the driver readily admitted drinking rum and Cokes that morning at home before driving his vehicle. He failed field sobriety tests and was arrested for drunken driving. His blood alcohol content was 0.13.
During a vehicle search police also discovered the driver had a loaded .44 magnum revolver in his truck.
The revolver was taken as evidence and state charges are being referred to the Waukesha County District Attorney's office.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County to hold public information meeting for work on Lilly Road in Menomonee Falls
- The "voice" of Menomonee Falls sports Jerry Mislang arrested, facing criminal charges (1)
- What residents in Southeast Wisconsin need to know to prevent the spread of Zika virus
- New Director of Business Services for the School District of Menomonee Falls settling into new role
- School District of Menomonee Falls faces $1.1 million budget deficit in 2016-17
- Man guilty of sexually assaulting Menomonee Falls teenager forced into relationship with him
- Things To Do: Feb. 11, 2016
- Patio Players bring out the laughs in female 'Odd Couple'
- UPDATE: Nine crashes, 25 damaged vehicles reported in Feb. 9 crash on Highway 41 in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016