Pick-pocketing incident captured on video
Menomonee Falls - Police are seeking a man who stole a wallet out of a women's purse at the County Line Road Pick 'n Save on Nov. 28 after the incident was captured on store video surveillance.
According to the Menomonee Falls police report:
The victim left her purse unattended in her grocery cart in the produce section at Pick 'n Save, N95 W18273 County Line Road, around 12:30 p.m. Shortly afterward, an unknown male was seen entering the produce section with a shopping cart, and in less than one minute he located the victim. Within five seconds the suspect unzipped her purse, removed her wallet, tucked it into his jacket and left the store.
The woman reported her wallet stolen to store personnel and police were called at 1:13 p.m. After contacting her bank and credit card company, the victim discovered the suspect used her credit card and bank card to make more than $2,500 of purchases at Target between 12:48 and 12:50 p.m.
The suspect is described as a five-feet, six-inches to five-feet, 10-inches tall male in his late 20s to mid-30s with a stocky build, and thinning short hair with a bald spot on top of his head. He was wearing eyeglasses, a black coat and dark trousers.
No outside video was available, so it was unknown what kind of vehicle the suspect was driving.
Police are following up with Target and the investigation is ongoing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hamilton senior taking a unique path
- Franklin Plan Commission recommends master plan, zoning changes
- Falls school board delays action on priorities
- Menomonee Falls High School prepares for London visit in 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Nov. 20, 2014
- Menomonee Falls schools welcome more than 100 visitors to explore continuous improvement model
- UberDork Cafe opens in Falls
- Menomonee Falls approves Kwik Trip plans
- Menomonee Falls approves flat tax rate for 2015
- Menomonee Falls School Board lobbies for funding, local control