Man arrested again
for theft from Pick 'n Save
Menomonee Falls - A 37-year-old man is again facing charges of shoplifting and criminal trespassing after he was observed stealing baby formula at the Pick 'n Save north store in Menomonee Falls on Feb. 5.
According to the police log:
An employee at Pick 'n Save, N95 W18273 County Line Road, called police after a known habitual shoplifter concealed nine cans of Gerber Good Start baby formula and proceeded past the last point of sale at about 8:50 a.m. Feb. 5.
The suspect, a 37-year-old homeless man, was located in the parking lot at Fleet Farm on County Line Road where he was arrested for retail theft and trespassing by Menomonee Falls Police, with assistance from the Germantown Police Department. He was also cited for possession of drug paraphernalia after police found a glass crack pipe in his possession during the incident search.
According to police, the same man was arrested on a state charge of shoplifting and trespassing after he entered the Pick 'n Save store on Appleton Avenue in Menomonee Falls on Jan. 27 and stole six bottles of vodka. Officers investigating that incident arrested the man on Jan. 29 after they discovered he was in custody at the Milwaukee County Jail for similar shoplifting incidents at Pick 'n Saves in the Milwaukee area.
The suspect was released from the custody of the Milwaukee County Jail on Feb. 1. The terms of his release stated that the man could no longer return to any Pick 'n Save store properties, due to his habitual shoplifting, and that he could commit no new offenses.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wisconsin's first Pirtek USA location to open in Menomonee Falls
- Newman will not seek third term as Menomonee Falls Village Board president
- Menomonee Falls School District's lobbying efforts likely to conclude in January
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Dec. 11, 2014
- Four to be added to Menomonee Falls High School Wall of Recognition
- Menomonee Falls' Village Centre features variety of new business offerings
- 'Uberdork' opens arms to Menomonee Falls community
- Community Memorial Hospital seeks approval for major improvements
- Pilgrim Road reconstruction begins, to be completed next year