Man arrested again
for theft from Pick 'n Save
Menomonee Falls - A 37-year-old man is again facing charges of shoplifting and criminal trespassing after he was observed stealing baby formula at the Pick 'n Save north store in Menomonee Falls on Feb. 5.
According to the police log:
An employee at Pick 'n Save, N95 W18273 County Line Road, called police after a known habitual shoplifter concealed nine cans of Gerber Good Start baby formula and proceeded past the last point of sale at about 8:50 a.m. Feb. 5.
The suspect, a 37-year-old homeless man, was located in the parking lot at Fleet Farm on County Line Road where he was arrested for retail theft and trespassing by Menomonee Falls Police, with assistance from the Germantown Police Department. He was also cited for possession of drug paraphernalia after police found a glass crack pipe in his possession during the incident search.
According to police, the same man was arrested on a state charge of shoplifting and trespassing after he entered the Pick 'n Save store on Appleton Avenue in Menomonee Falls on Jan. 27 and stole six bottles of vodka. Officers investigating that incident arrested the man on Jan. 29 after they discovered he was in custody at the Milwaukee County Jail for similar shoplifting incidents at Pick 'n Saves in the Milwaukee area.
The suspect was released from the custody of the Milwaukee County Jail on Feb. 1. The terms of his release stated that the man could no longer return to any Pick 'n Save store properties, due to his habitual shoplifting, and that he could commit no new offenses.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What to expect on the Nov. 4 ballot
- Learning is sweet for students when Stacy Leuty is in the classroom
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 30, 2014
- Why Menomonee Falls and Germantown might be starting to bounce back post-recession
- Taxes to go down for Falls school district residents
- Car salesman allegedly stole dealership vehicle, crashed it while drunk
- Republican Party of Waukesha County calling for election observers
- Wisconsin farmers host Southeast Asia grain and feed buyers
- Menomonee Falls author donates book proceeds to Wounded Warriors
- U.S. Department of Labor fines local company more than $130,000 for violations, endangering employee