Police investigating car break-ins at YMCA
Menomonee Falls — Police are investigating a rash of vehicle break-ins that occurred in a parking lot on Oct. 7.
The break-ins occurred during a one-half hour period, between 4:10 and 4:40 p.m., at the Menomonee Falls YMCA, N84 W17501 Menomonee Ave.
According to police, the suspect(s) broke windows on six vehicles in the parking lot and stole bags and purses containing personal items, including credit cards, driver's licenses, cellphones and other electronics.
There were no witnesses to the thefts and the suspects left no identifying evidence behind.
Police are working with the victims to obtain a complete list of stolen items and are also following up with any businesses where the stolen credit cards were used.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- CMH nurse receives honor from Blood Center of Wisconsin for going beyond the call of duty
- Rep. Brandtjen Introduces Foodshare Bill
- Falls Patio Players takes to the stage for weekend two of "Hairspray"
- Family members react to survival of Falls native in Everest avalanche following earthquake in Nepal
- Investigation: Family behind collapsed Falls building has a history of neglecting properties (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Apriil 30
- Falls board plans to move ahead with private property sewer lateral work
- Menomonee Falls Police report: April 30, 2015
- Falls police representatives invite public to chat over coffee (1)
- Germantown School Board could make decision about space needs at Rockfield Elementary School