Police investigating car break-ins at YMCA
Menomonee Falls — Police are investigating a rash of vehicle break-ins that occurred in a parking lot on Oct. 7.
The break-ins occurred during a one-half hour period, between 4:10 and 4:40 p.m., at the Menomonee Falls YMCA, N84 W17501 Menomonee Ave.
According to police, the suspect(s) broke windows on six vehicles in the parking lot and stole bags and purses containing personal items, including credit cards, driver's licenses, cellphones and other electronics.
There were no witnesses to the thefts and the suspects left no identifying evidence behind.
Police are working with the victims to obtain a complete list of stolen items and are also following up with any businesses where the stolen credit cards were used.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fall leaf pickup slated to begin mid-October in the Falls
- Chipotle in Menomonee Falls to open next month, employees needed (2)
- Falls Guy, Oct. 8, 2015: Train-ing mission
- Tri-County Y nears first anniversary under Greater Waukesha umbrella
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Oct. 8, 2015
- Juvenile suspect apprehended by citizen after stealing vodka at Menomonee Falls Piggly Wiggly
- Reminder: responses needed to Falls School District Community Survey today, Oct. 5
- Robin's Nest to host Vera Bradley Ambassador Joan Bradley Reedy
- Menomonee Falls to consider allowing outdoor seating at Tornado Brewery
- Former professional fighter puts burglar in choke hold, keeps him knocked out until police arrive (1)