Police investigating car break-ins at YMCA
Menomonee Falls — Police are investigating a rash of vehicle break-ins that occurred in a parking lot on Oct. 7.
The break-ins occurred during a one-half hour period, between 4:10 and 4:40 p.m., at the Menomonee Falls YMCA, N84 W17501 Menomonee Ave.
According to police, the suspect(s) broke windows on six vehicles in the parking lot and stole bags and purses containing personal items, including credit cards, driver's licenses, cellphones and other electronics.
There were no witnesses to the thefts and the suspects left no identifying evidence behind.
Police are working with the victims to obtain a complete list of stolen items and are also following up with any businesses where the stolen credit cards were used.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- UberDork Cafe opens in Falls
- Menomonee Falls approves Kwik Trip plans
- Menomonee Falls approves flat tax rate for 2015
- Menomonee Falls School Board lobbies for funding, local control
- Fundraising party for childhood cancer honors Graham's memory
- Graham's memory honored with fundraising party for childhood cancer
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Nov. 13, 2014
- Quest Specialty Coatings challenges OSHA findings
- The community reacts to loss of local legend Ernie Von Schledorn
- Menomonee Falls Radisson Hotel finances come full circle