Proposed subdivision gets zoning approval in Menomonee Falls
Development would garner 60-65 homes
Menomonee Falls — The Village Board unanimously gave zoning approval Monday night for a planned subdivision on the west side of Pilgrim Road between Chateau Drive and Wildflower Drive. Matthew Carran, the village's community development director, said the revised zoning sets a 110-foot minimum frontage for lots in the tract, with a minimum lot size of 15,000 square feet, about one-third of an acre. Carran estimated this would allow 60-65 homes on the tract.
Carran said previous zoning would have allowed quarter-acre lots.
The subdivision is expected to have only one connection to Pilgrim Road. Discussion on the issue centered on possible increased traffic on Chateau Drive, which would link to other existing east-west roads to the north, providing alternate access to and from Pilgrim Road.
"Those residents are going to see a lot more traffic on their street," Trustee Jeremy Walz said of residents on an existing stretch of Chateau Drive. "I can see their concern."
But Carran said the Chateau Drive extension through the subdivision "is not going to be a shortcut to anyplace. Nobody from the outside is going to cut through."
Walz said he was pleased the subdivision would be less dense than originally proposed.
"It is low density, not a lot of high density or multifamily, which (would) mean a lot more traffic," Walz said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 30, 2014
- Why Menomonee Falls and Germantown might be starting to bounce back post-recession
- Taxes to go down for Falls school district residents
- Car salesman allegedly stole dealership vehicle, crashed it while drunk
- Republican Party of Waukesha County calling for election observers
- Wisconsin farmers host Southeast Asia grain and feed buyers
- Menomonee Falls author donates book proceeds to Wounded Warriors
- U.S. Department of Labor fines local company more than $130,000 for violations, endangering employee
- Menomonee Falls Radisson Hotel is officially under new ownership
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 23, 2014