Menomonee Falls - Michele Divelbiss is one of three people running for the three open seats on the Menomonee Falls School Board in the spring election.
Divelbiss has served as the president of the Valley View Elementary Parent Teacher Association since 2010 and acts as a substitute teacher for the district. She has three children in the Menomonee Falls School District and a degree in special education.
Running for the School Board, she said, is a way for her to serve in the community and advocate for the public schools in Menomonee Falls.
"My very nonspecific goals all center on building the framework of policy that enables the administration and staff to best educate every student, in a manner that is responsive to the needs of families and the community," Divelbiss said.
Board members serve three-year terms. Divelbiss and incumbents Scott Ternes and Faith VanderHorst are running unopposed for the three seats.
- Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What to expect on a Menomonee Falls ballot
- Menomonee Falls Police report: April 2, 2015
- Menomonee Falls parents charged with child neglect after son reports sharing food with dogs (1)
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Menomonee Falls district approves preliminary layoff notices, letter to legislators
- Temporary burn ban lifted for Waukesha County, Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls family heads up local shoe drive for Dondo Amor
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start before Sept. 1
- Proposed bill would allow Menomonee Falls school district to start before Sept. 1