Menomonee Falls - Michele Divelbiss is one of three people running for the three open seats on the Menomonee Falls School Board in the spring election.
Divelbiss has served as the president of the Valley View Elementary Parent Teacher Association since 2010 and acts as a substitute teacher for the district. She has three children in the Menomonee Falls School District and a degree in special education.
Running for the School Board, she said, is a way for her to serve in the community and advocate for the public schools in Menomonee Falls.
"My very nonspecific goals all center on building the framework of policy that enables the administration and staff to best educate every student, in a manner that is responsive to the needs of families and the community," Divelbiss said.
Board members serve three-year terms. Divelbiss and incumbents Scott Ternes and Faith VanderHorst are running unopposed for the three seats.
- Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Popular Menomonee Falls day care celebrates 40 years
- More changes in store for Pilgrim Road near Highway 41/45
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Sept. 3, 2015
- North Hills Plaza: Five months later
- School District of Menomonee Falls happy with ACT results
- Falls on the Riverwalk seeks to replace former Associated Bank building with apartments (10)
- Menomonee Falls School District names new communications director
- Chicago women charged with a combined nine counts of credit card fraud after CVS purchases
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015