Menomonee Falls - Michele Divelbiss is one of three people running for the three open seats on the Menomonee Falls School Board in the spring election.
Divelbiss has served as the president of the Valley View Elementary Parent Teacher Association since 2010 and acts as a substitute teacher for the district. She has three children in the Menomonee Falls School District and a degree in special education.
Running for the School Board, she said, is a way for her to serve in the community and advocate for the public schools in Menomonee Falls.
"My very nonspecific goals all center on building the framework of policy that enables the administration and staff to best educate every student, in a manner that is responsive to the needs of families and the community," Divelbiss said.
Board members serve three-year terms. Divelbiss and incumbents Scott Ternes and Faith VanderHorst are running unopposed for the three seats.
- Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new math requirements
- Muskego's Park Arthur West development on hold
- Germantown senior receives honor at Washington County Fair
- Sam's Club to move to Milwaukee, Menomonee Falls border
- Menomonee Falls School District faces $670,000 deficit
- Three men in custody after burglary, two-vehicle crash
- Three injured after police chase ends in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Report: July 31, 2014
- Sam's Club approved for Highway 145
- Officials hope new Menomonee Falls mural will spark more of the same