Menomonee Falls - Bonnie Lemmer, a real estate agent with Shorewest Realtors, is running for seat five on the Menomonee Falls Village Board.
Before working as a real estate agent, Lemmer worked as an office manager for Fortune 500 companies and small businesses for 25 years. She has served on the boards of the Muscular Dystrophy Association, Make-A-Wish Foundation as its first executive director, and the Council on Developmental Disabilities for the state of Wisconsin.
"My experience working with these nonprofit and government boards will enable me to easily transition onto the Menomonee Falls board of trustees," Lemmer said.
As a 20-year resident of Menomonee Falls and a captain for the neighborhood block watch, she said she is running to be an even more direct participant in shaping the village's future.
"I will work to keep taxes low while maintaining the appropriate level of needed services and apply due diligence when considering the development of TIF (tax-incremental financing) districts and/or issuing bonds for new development or property acquisitions," Lemmer said. "It is imperative that future projects make positive contributions to the village and its residents. I will bring solid ethical standards to the position, putting any self-interest aside."
She said she will bring a new perspective with fresh ideas and common sense values to the board.
"I love Menomonee Falls and the quality of life it provides and want to contribute to its continued success," she said.
- Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- More changes in store for Pilgrim Road near Highway 41/45
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Sept. 3, 2015
- North Hills Plaza: Five months later
- School District of Menomonee Falls happy with ACT results
- Falls on the Riverwalk seeks to replace former Associated Bank building with apartments (8)
- Menomonee Falls School District names new communications director
- Chicago women charged with a combined nine counts of credit card fraud after CVS purchases
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Former professional fighter takes Menomonee Falls-based business to next level