Richfield Way design nears completion
Open house on this, Pilgrim Road project to be held July 12
Menomonee Falls - Plans to extend Richfield Way from Pilgrim Road to Water Street are moving forward.
The design for the project is about 60 percent complete, Thomas Hoffman, director of engineering services for the village, said at the Village Board meeting last week.
A public information session is scheduled from 5 to 7 p.m. July 12 at Village Hall, W156-N8480 Pilgrim Road, so residents can learn more about the project.
The meeting will be in an open house format, and design staff will be available to answer questions.
The Richfield Way extension is within Tax Incremental District No. 8 and will ultimately feed a planned development district that is meant to help invigorate Main Street and the area to the north of Roosevelt Drive, south of Highway 41/45, west of Pilgrim Road and east of Water Street.
Richfield Way will extend through the redevelopment area and be an arterial. To segment the residential traffic from commercial traffic, Roosevelt Drive will terminate at a new intersection at Richfield Way.
The project will be split into two phases with construction beginning at the end of July. Once complete, Roosevelt Drive will feed into the new Richfield Way and connect directly to Pilgrim Road, Hoffman said. Caroline Drive will connect into an intersection with Roosevelt Drive.
"This will limit the access into the neighboring subdivisions that are part of the redevelopment along Richfield Way," Hoffman said.
The project also will address stormwater issues through the creation of new ponds to control runoff from existing and future developments in the area.
In conjunction with the Richfield Way public information session, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation will hold an open house about the Pilgrim Road reconstruction project. Both will occur at the same time and in the same location.
"This works out well so people can come in at the same time," Hoffman said.
Pilgrim Road reconstruction will be done in conjunction with the village and is slated to begin in 2014.
That project will improve Pilgrim Road from a point south of Park Boulevard to Megal Drive.
The reconstruction will include fixing turn lanes, replacing old concrete and adding left-turn lanes and traffic signals.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MMSD expansion prepares area near CMH in Menomonee Falls for future residential development
- Sussex man receives national award for cleaning house, building relationships
- Menomonee Falls opts not to offer new Chapter 220 seats, fewer open enrollment seats in 2015-16
- Menomonee Falls district doesn't change stance on use of Common Core
- Man pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting a Menomonee Falls teenager
- Menomonee Falls Ponzi schemer strikes plea deal
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Kindergarten enrollment night set for Feb. 4
- Two suspects charged with passing fake $100 bills at Menomonee Falls Target
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Jan. 29, 2015