After numerous discussions, the Menomonee Falls School Board on Monday officially approved the district's health benefit plan that will offer employees three options with varying deductibles and employee premiums.
Open enrollment for the new benefit plans will begin Jan. 1 as the district moves to self-funded insurance through Humana, its current carrier.
The proposed employee premiums are set so the School District's contribution is the same under all three plans. By changing to self-funded health insurance, the district could save up to $750,000; however, the total savings will depend on which plan employees choose and their health care spending throughout the year.
Preventive care is covered 100 percent in all three plans, according to School District documents.
Plan one is a traditional preferred provider organization plan and most similar to the employees' current insurance plan, with the exception of adding in-network coinsurance.
This plan has the highest premium and a $250 deductible for singles. The deductibles in each plan double for families.
Plans two and three are consumer-driven plans with higher deductibles, according to documents. The employee pays less for premiums from their pay checks through contributions; however, the deductibles are higher. The third option has the highest deductible, but lowest premium. The second and third options also include a Health Reimbursement Arrangement, or HRA.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What to expect on a Menomonee Falls ballot
- Menomonee Falls Police report: April 2, 2015
- Menomonee Falls parents charged with child neglect after son reports sharing food with dogs (1)
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Menomonee Falls district approves preliminary layoff notices, letter to legislators
- Temporary burn ban lifted for Waukesha County, Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls family heads up local shoe drive for Dondo Amor
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start before Sept. 1
- Proposed bill would allow Menomonee Falls school district to start before Sept. 1