The Germantown School Board may consider implementing a facility usage fee to the Germantown Parks and Recreation Department for the use of district buildings to run many of their programs.
Board member Bruce Warnimont said the district's Building Committee has begun to entertain the idea of charging the recreation department a fee and asked the board if it was worth further discussion. Although the recreation department does not pay any fees, the department does place money into a fund that is set aside for special projects within the school district.
"I think to some degree we should try recoup utility costs," said Board Member Tom Barney.
Sarah Larson and Diana Kline were the only two board members who said the current structure should be left as is and no fees should be charged.
In addition to further discussing a new fee structure, Warnimont said the Building Committee is also talking about whether or not the recreation department should be allowed to use academic portions of district facilities. Currently, recreation programs are limited to using school gymnasiums.
"Do we want to make various parts of the academic portions of the school available to the Park and (Recreation) Department with the presumption that we are entrusting them to provide security monitoring?" he asked the board.
Members agreed this is worth further discussion at future Building Committee meetings.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plans for FedEx distribution center to go before Menomonee Falls Plan Commission
- Hobby Lobby to open in Menomonee Falls
- Three held after armed bank robbery in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls losing experienced leaders
- Germantown police warn man for brandishing switchblade at stop light
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Falls to begin short-term fix of Menomonee Avenue