Senior housing moves forward
Development includes three-story facility, town homes and houses
Menomonee Falls - The Menomonee Falls Village Board on Monday approved a large senior housing development in the southwest corner of the village.
The Waterside Highlands multiple- and single-family planned residential development, located on the north side of Lisbon Road about a quarter-mile east of Lannon Road, was approved following a public hearing. There was no public comment during the hearing that centered on rezoning 73.8 acres of land from an agricultural district to a planned residential development district.
This zoning is consistent with zoning to the east of the property, said Community Development Director Matt Carran, and was approved by the Planning Commission last week.
Approval allows United Financial Group to proceed with plans to build a 180-unit development on the southern 30 acres of the land consisting of a senior housing facility, 16 town homes and 13 single-family homes, according to village documents. There will be six dwelling units per acre.
The senior housing facility is a three-story, 151-unit building that includes a 5,000-square-foot community center, media room, hearthside room, exercise and workout facility, library/computer room, and heated, underground parking.
Waterside Highlands will also feature 16 senior town homes with two bedrooms and two bathrooms ranging from 1,100 to 1,400 square feet.
Excluding the 13 single family lots, the development would generate approximately $191,000 of annual tax revenue for the village, according to documents.
Thomas and Sherry Wruck have been looking to develop 124 acres of their 147.6 acre property located north of Lisbon Road and west of One Mile Road in the southwest corner of the village.
According to documents, Fiduciary Real Estate is interested in the land located on the north side of Lisbon Road. While development has yet to occur, the village approved a planned development district June 15, 2009, allowing Fiduciary Real Estate the ability to construct 76 condominium units on 22.9 acres.
This development would have a density of 3.3 dwelling units per acre.
- Cozzini Bros. to move into Falls Commerce Center
- Getting to know Menomonee Falls Little League President Donald Patten
- Work on Pilgrim Road to begin in Menomonee Falls, will be temporary
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- My Fair Lady takes to the stage in Falls Patio Players production
- Menomonee Falls' A Better Me wellness spa takes unique approach to relaxation
- The Falls Guy, April 21, 2016: Their field of dreams is ready to open
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- Menomonee Falls High School FBLA team clinches state for the third year in a row
- Custom Data Too Mail to open in Falls Commerce Center in Menomonee Falls