A 28-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for striking one employee in the face and hitting another employee with her car to elude arrest for shoplifting shortly before 7 p.m. March 17.
According to the Menomonee Falls police report:
The woman entered Kohl's Department Store, N95 W18000 Appleton Ave., took selected merchandise from the store shelves, returned the property at the customer service counter for store credit, then exited the store without paying for additional merchandise. When she was confronted by employees outside the store, she attempted to strike one of them with her shopping cart and struck the other employee in the face with her hand. The woman then ran to her parked vehicle.
As one of the employees stood next to her vehicle to get the license plate number, the woman backed out of the parking spot and immediately accelerated toward the employee, knocking him to the ground and causing injury. She then sped away.
Police identified the woman from her driver's license photo and video surveillance; she was arrested soon afterward.
The woman could face multiple charges, including retail theft, battery, reckless driving, failure to control her vehicle, hit and run of a pedestrian, and failure to notify police of an accident.
The 21-year-old Germantown man struck by the woman's car, a 21-year-old Germantown man, was taken to the hospital to be checked over.
- Menomonee Falls Police Report, May 5, 2016
- The Falls Guy, May 5, 2016: Cruisin' down memory lane
- Cozzini Bros. to move into Falls Commerce Center
- Getting to know Menomonee Falls Little League President Donald Patten
- Work on Pilgrim Road to begin in Menomonee Falls, will be temporary
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- My Fair Lady takes to the stage in Falls Patio Players production
- Menomonee Falls' A Better Me wellness spa takes unique approach to relaxation
- The Falls Guy, April 21, 2016: Their field of dreams is ready to open
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 21, 2016