A 28-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for striking one employee in the face and hitting another employee with her car to elude arrest for shoplifting shortly before 7 p.m. March 17.
According to the Menomonee Falls police report:
The woman entered Kohl's Department Store, N95 W18000 Appleton Ave., took selected merchandise from the store shelves, returned the property at the customer service counter for store credit, then exited the store without paying for additional merchandise. When she was confronted by employees outside the store, she attempted to strike one of them with her shopping cart and struck the other employee in the face with her hand. The woman then ran to her parked vehicle.
As one of the employees stood next to her vehicle to get the license plate number, the woman backed out of the parking spot and immediately accelerated toward the employee, knocking him to the ground and causing injury. She then sped away.
Police identified the woman from her driver's license photo and video surveillance; she was arrested soon afterward.
The woman could face multiple charges, including retail theft, battery, reckless driving, failure to control her vehicle, hit and run of a pedestrian, and failure to notify police of an accident.
The 21-year-old Germantown man struck by the woman's car, a 21-year-old Germantown man, was taken to the hospital to be checked over.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls breathing clinic offers revolutionary dry salt treatments
- Old Falls Village Days set for weekend of May 30-31
- Bank of Memories and Flowers owner Melissa Maas wins award from Floral Association
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 21, 2015
- Menomonee Falls WWII veteran Lester Tews looks forward to Honor Flight
- First Bank Financial Centre of Menomonee Falls gives back to community
- Permit pulled, plans progress for demolition, reconstruction of North Hills Plaza
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 14, 2015
- Brandtjen's May listening session to be held in the Falls on May 17