A 28-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for striking one employee in the face and hitting another employee with her car to elude arrest for shoplifting shortly before 7 p.m. March 17.
According to the Menomonee Falls police report:
The woman entered Kohl's Department Store, N95 W18000 Appleton Ave., took selected merchandise from the store shelves, returned the property at the customer service counter for store credit, then exited the store without paying for additional merchandise. When she was confronted by employees outside the store, she attempted to strike one of them with her shopping cart and struck the other employee in the face with her hand. The woman then ran to her parked vehicle.
As one of the employees stood next to her vehicle to get the license plate number, the woman backed out of the parking spot and immediately accelerated toward the employee, knocking him to the ground and causing injury. She then sped away.
Police identified the woman from her driver's license photo and video surveillance; she was arrested soon afterward.
The woman could face multiple charges, including retail theft, battery, reckless driving, failure to control her vehicle, hit and run of a pedestrian, and failure to notify police of an accident.
The 21-year-old Germantown man struck by the woman's car, a 21-year-old Germantown man, was taken to the hospital to be checked over.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Complaint: Menomonee Falls parents fed son dog food, denied him restroom
- Falls Village Board President candidates say they each would bring different experience to the role
- Menomonee Falls district approves preliminary layoff notices, letter to legislators
- Temporary burn ban lifted for Waukesha County, Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 26, 2015
- Menomonee Falls family heads up local shoe drive for Dondo Amor
- Proposed bill would allow Germantown school district to start before Sept. 1
- Proposed bill would allow Menomonee Falls school district to start before Sept. 1
- Falls school board to review, approve layoff notices
- Menomonee Falls Police report: March 19, 2015