Menomonee Falls - Menomonee Falls Village Trustee Jeff Steliga is running for re-election after serving on the Village Board since 1994.
Steliga, 54, has served on various government committees including sewer, water, transportation, facilities and finance.
He is a self-employed certified public accountant/computer consultant, who has served as the Falls Fest Co-Chairman, currently serves as treasurer for the Menomonee Falls Historical Society board of directors, is a member of the Optimist Club and Knights of Columbus Council 4240 and is a volunteer coach for youth baseball and football.
"I am running again because I want to see the village continue to focus on the type of quality business development and expansion we've experienced in recent years such as the relocation of Actuant's headquarters and industrial facilities and Eaton Corporation's electrical engineering division to the Falls and the expansion of Kohl's headquarters and Wacker Neuson's manufacturing facilities," Steliga said.
He said the board must continue to seek ways to reduce the cost of village government. Similar to cuts experienced by people in the private sector and some areas of the public sector such as benefit and staff reductions, Steliga said they have also addressed staffing, salaries, benefits and implemented new ways of doing things to reduce costs in the village.
"We need to continue to manage costs, particularly with changes at the state level in terms of revenue caps for local governments, to ensure the future of our community," he said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- More changes in store for Pilgrim Road near Highway 41/45
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Sept. 3, 2015
- North Hills Plaza: Five months later
- School District of Menomonee Falls happy with ACT results
- Falls on the Riverwalk seeks to replace former Associated Bank building with apartments (10)
- Menomonee Falls School District names new communications director
- Chicago women charged with a combined nine counts of credit card fraud after CVS purchases
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Former professional fighter takes Menomonee Falls-based business to next level