Menomonee Falls - For the fourth meeting in a row, subcontractors who worked on the Radisson Hotel in Menomonee Falls sought answers and payment from the Village Board on Monday night.
The village provided a $17.65 million loan to finance construction of the Radisson Hotel, which was hit with a foreclosure suit last week. So far, the ownership group Lodging Investors of Menomonee Falls has failed to make the first two loan payments.
In the midst of the controversy surrounding the Radisson Hotel are subcontractors who are seeking both principal and retainer payments for their completed work on the project. Six subcontractors spoke during the public comment portion of the meeting asking for answers from the village.
Mark Mouradian from the food service equipment company Edward Don & Company said they are still owed $80,000 of principal funds for their work on the hotel.
"We all want to get paid, and we've seen the project through," Mouradian said. "It's a show piece and a steppingstone for the village. We've all done our hard work, paid our suppliers and employees and the expenses we incurred in making this showcase."
John Haubner from Horner Plumbing Company said they are still owed $80,000 of retainer funds.
Susie Beard, owner of Badger Lighting and Signs said they need answers.
"I'm waiting to be paid for my scope of work," she said.
Village Manager Mark Fitzgerald did not comment.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: April 23, 2015
- Menomonee Falls educators receive national awards
- Falls Village Board President steps down, highlights positives from tenure
- Imagination runs wild in Brookfield East's spring play, 'Twelfth Night'
- Menomonee Falls issues raze or repair order on site of March building collapse
- Menomonee Falls Tazino's remains open
- Pilgrim Road off-ramps in Menomonee Falls to close in both directions April 20
- Former Menomonee Falls village president welcomes grandson following tragic loss
- Bus shelters coming to Bluemound Road in Brookfield
- Update: 911 call reveals details of attempted carjacking in Menomonee Falls (1)