Menomonee Falls - For the fourth meeting in a row, subcontractors who worked on the Radisson Hotel in Menomonee Falls sought answers and payment from the Village Board on Monday night.
The village provided a $17.65 million loan to finance construction of the Radisson Hotel, which was hit with a foreclosure suit last week. So far, the ownership group Lodging Investors of Menomonee Falls has failed to make the first two loan payments.
In the midst of the controversy surrounding the Radisson Hotel are subcontractors who are seeking both principal and retainer payments for their completed work on the project. Six subcontractors spoke during the public comment portion of the meeting asking for answers from the village.
Mark Mouradian from the food service equipment company Edward Don & Company said they are still owed $80,000 of principal funds for their work on the hotel.
"We all want to get paid, and we've seen the project through," Mouradian said. "It's a show piece and a steppingstone for the village. We've all done our hard work, paid our suppliers and employees and the expenses we incurred in making this showcase."
John Haubner from Horner Plumbing Company said they are still owed $80,000 of retainer funds.
Susie Beard, owner of Badger Lighting and Signs said they need answers.
"I'm waiting to be paid for my scope of work," she said.
Village Manager Mark Fitzgerald did not comment.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Old Falls Village Days set for weekend of May 30-31
- Bank of Memories and Flowers owner Melissa Maas wins award from Floral Association
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 21, 2015
- Menomonee Falls WWII veteran Lester Tews looks forward to Honor Flight
- First Bank Financial Centre of Menomonee Falls gives back to community
- Permit pulled, plans progress for demolition, reconstruction of North Hills Plaza
- Road construction season affects more than Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police report: May 14, 2015
- Brandtjen's May listening session to be held in the Falls on May 17
- Pilgrim Road Bridge demolition to happen in next few days, freeway to close