Menomonee Falls - For the fourth meeting in a row, subcontractors who worked on the Radisson Hotel in Menomonee Falls sought answers and payment from the Village Board on Monday night.
The village provided a $17.65 million loan to finance construction of the Radisson Hotel, which was hit with a foreclosure suit last week. So far, the ownership group Lodging Investors of Menomonee Falls has failed to make the first two loan payments.
In the midst of the controversy surrounding the Radisson Hotel are subcontractors who are seeking both principal and retainer payments for their completed work on the project. Six subcontractors spoke during the public comment portion of the meeting asking for answers from the village.
Mark Mouradian from the food service equipment company Edward Don & Company said they are still owed $80,000 of principal funds for their work on the hotel.
"We all want to get paid, and we've seen the project through," Mouradian said. "It's a show piece and a steppingstone for the village. We've all done our hard work, paid our suppliers and employees and the expenses we incurred in making this showcase."
John Haubner from Horner Plumbing Company said they are still owed $80,000 of retainer funds.
Susie Beard, owner of Badger Lighting and Signs said they need answers.
"I'm waiting to be paid for my scope of work," she said.
Village Manager Mark Fitzgerald did not comment.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wisconsin's first Pirtek USA location to open in Menomonee Falls
- Newman will not seek third term as Menomonee Falls Village Board president
- Menomonee Falls School District's lobbying efforts likely to conclude in January
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Dec. 11, 2014
- Four to be added to Menomonee Falls High School Wall of Recognition
- Menomonee Falls' Village Centre features variety of new business offerings
- 'Uberdork' opens arms to Menomonee Falls community
- Community Memorial Hospital seeks approval for major improvements
- Pilgrim Road reconstruction begins, to be completed next year