Menomonee Falls - For the fourth meeting in a row, subcontractors who worked on the Radisson Hotel in Menomonee Falls sought answers and payment from the Village Board on Monday night.
The village provided a $17.65 million loan to finance construction of the Radisson Hotel, which was hit with a foreclosure suit last week. So far, the ownership group Lodging Investors of Menomonee Falls has failed to make the first two loan payments.
In the midst of the controversy surrounding the Radisson Hotel are subcontractors who are seeking both principal and retainer payments for their completed work on the project. Six subcontractors spoke during the public comment portion of the meeting asking for answers from the village.
Mark Mouradian from the food service equipment company Edward Don & Company said they are still owed $80,000 of principal funds for their work on the hotel.
"We all want to get paid, and we've seen the project through," Mouradian said. "It's a show piece and a steppingstone for the village. We've all done our hard work, paid our suppliers and employees and the expenses we incurred in making this showcase."
John Haubner from Horner Plumbing Company said they are still owed $80,000 of retainer funds.
Susie Beard, owner of Badger Lighting and Signs said they need answers.
"I'm waiting to be paid for my scope of work," she said.
Village Manager Mark Fitzgerald did not comment.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- School District of Menomonee Falls happy with ACT results
- Falls on the Riverwalk seeks to replace former Associated Bank building with apartments (8)
- Menomonee Falls School District names new communications director
- Chicago duo face nine counts of credit card fraud after CVS purchases
- News & Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Former professional fighter takes Menomonee Falls-based business to next level
- Menomonee Falls world language department uses application, receives regional attention
- Menomonee Falls, Germantown among best places to live
- Menomonee Falls Business receives WIA People's Choice award