The Menomonee Falls Police Department is strongly recommending residents mail documents with personal information to a secure U.S. Post Office mailbox and stop using their curbside boxes after three people reported fraud after their mail was taken.
Thieves have taken mail containing checks from curbside mailboxes between April 5 and 16 and using the victim's personal account information. They have then used that information to purchase items at area businesses and online, according to the Police Department.
The victims were notified by their banks of fraud, and not at the time of the theft. Menomonee Falls detectives are pursuing active leads in three cases.
To report suspicious activity, contact the Menomonee Falls Police Department at (262) 532-8700.
- Cozzini Bros. to move into Falls Commerce Center
- Getting to know Menomonee Falls Little League President Donald Patten
- Work on Pilgrim Road to begin in Menomonee Falls, will be temporary
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- My Fair Lady takes to the stage in Falls Patio Players production
- Menomonee Falls' A Better Me wellness spa takes unique approach to relaxation
- The Falls Guy, April 21, 2016: Their field of dreams is ready to open
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- Menomonee Falls High School FBLA team clinches state for the third year in a row
- Custom Data Too Mail to open in Falls Commerce Center in Menomonee Falls