The Menomonee Falls Police Department is strongly recommending residents mail documents with personal information to a secure U.S. Post Office mailbox and stop using their curbside boxes after three people reported fraud after their mail was taken.
Thieves have taken mail containing checks from curbside mailboxes between April 5 and 16 and using the victim's personal account information. They have then used that information to purchase items at area businesses and online, according to the Police Department.
The victims were notified by their banks of fraud, and not at the time of the theft. Menomonee Falls detectives are pursuing active leads in three cases.
To report suspicious activity, contact the Menomonee Falls Police Department at (262) 532-8700.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Germantown taxpayer raises questions about assessment process
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 2, 2014
- Menomonee Falls employees, district to see slight increase to premiums
- Ben Franklin Elementary receives significant facility improvements
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Menomonee Falls students learn about medicine, themselves at Community Memorial Hospital
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 25, 2014
- Plans confirmed for modern industrial development in Menomonee Falls
- Small plane crashes in Lannon
- Kohl's announces holiday hiring plans