The Menomonee Falls Police Department is strongly recommending residents mail documents with personal information to a secure U.S. Post Office mailbox and stop using their curbside boxes after three people reported fraud after their mail was taken.
Thieves have taken mail containing checks from curbside mailboxes between April 5 and 16 and using the victim's personal account information. They have then used that information to purchase items at area businesses and online, according to the Police Department.
The victims were notified by their banks of fraud, and not at the time of the theft. Menomonee Falls detectives are pursuing active leads in three cases.
To report suspicious activity, contact the Menomonee Falls Police Department at (262) 532-8700.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Jan. 29, 2015
- Menomonee Falls district continues discussion on facilities options
- Two-day Menomonee Falls event to feature chili crawl, ice carving
- CMH accepting scholarship applications from Menomonee Falls-area students
- Costco earns approval from Menomonee Falls village officials
- Menomonee Falls could make decision on Costco plans tonight
- Menomonee Falls School Board approves 2015-16 legislative priorities
- Menomonee Falls to make alterations to Open Enrollment, Chapter 220
- Menomonee Falls man arrested for holding neighbor at gun point
- Menomonee Falls Police report: Jan. 15, 2015