The Menomonee Falls Police Department is strongly recommending residents mail documents with personal information to a secure U.S. Post Office mailbox and stop using their curbside boxes after three people reported fraud after their mail was taken.
Thieves have taken mail containing checks from curbside mailboxes between April 5 and 16 and using the victim's personal account information. They have then used that information to purchase items at area businesses and online, according to the Police Department.
The victims were notified by their banks of fraud, and not at the time of the theft. Menomonee Falls detectives are pursuing active leads in three cases.
To report suspicious activity, contact the Menomonee Falls Police Department at (262) 532-8700.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- U.S. Department of Labor fines local company more than $130,000 for violations, endangering employee
- Menomonee Falls Radisson Hotel is officially under new ownership
- Menomonee Falls Police report: October 23, 2014
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 22 Voter's Guide
- Award-winning filmmaker to air film locally on Oct. 29
- Milwaukee man charged in armed robbery at Menomonee Falls Associated Bank
- Commercial development will be allowed at Falls gateway intersection
- Milwaukee man charged in armed robbery at Falls Associated Bank
- Man accused of trying to steal a car from his former employer
- New Berlin tax rate to stay flat due to increase in city's tax base