Menomonee Falls — A West Bend man faces six charges stemming from an Aug. 15 accident in Menomonee Falls that sent the driver and two passengers of a sport utility vehicle to the hospital after it struck a parked semitrailer truck.
Roberto T. Gallegos, 25, was charged in the Waukesha County Circuit Court with two counts of operating while intoxicated causing injury, one count of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, two counts of reckless driving causing injury, and one count of operating a vehicle with a revoked license for a crash that happened around 3:45 p.m. Aug. 15 on the Highway 41/45 on-ramp in Menomonee Falls.
The SUV was heading west on State Highway 100 and entered the northbound on-ramp where it hit a semitrailer parked in a construction zone, according to a news release from the Menomonee Falls Police Department. All three occupants of the SUV were taken to Community Memorial Hospital, one transported via Flight for Life.
They have all since been released from the hospital, according to the news release. Gallegos' preliminary hearing is Aug. 26.
— Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police searching for 2 men for armed robbery at Craigslist sale
- Menomonee Falls Village Board approves sale of Radisson Hotel
- Menomonee Falls High School student named National Merit Scholarship semifinalist
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 11, 2014
- Kohl's seeks to unload Woodland Prime building
- Trapped: An inside look at the effect of ALS on people, families and the community
- School district taxes remain flat for Menomonee Falls residents
- Menomonee Falls man dies in house fire
- Menomonee Falls Target store evacuated
- Menomonee Falls Police report: September 4, 2014