Menomonee Falls — A West Bend man faces six charges stemming from an Aug. 15 accident in Menomonee Falls that sent the driver and two passengers of a sport utility vehicle to the hospital after it struck a parked semitrailer truck.
Roberto T. Gallegos, 25, was charged in the Waukesha County Circuit Court with two counts of operating while intoxicated causing injury, one count of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated, two counts of reckless driving causing injury, and one count of operating a vehicle with a revoked license for a crash that happened around 3:45 p.m. Aug. 15 on the Highway 41/45 on-ramp in Menomonee Falls.
The SUV was heading west on State Highway 100 and entered the northbound on-ramp where it hit a semitrailer parked in a construction zone, according to a news release from the Menomonee Falls Police Department. All three occupants of the SUV were taken to Community Memorial Hospital, one transported via Flight for Life.
They have all since been released from the hospital, according to the news release. Gallegos' preliminary hearing is Aug. 26.
— Danielle Switalski
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: July 9, 2015
- World War II, Korea vet Mathiak dies
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: July 2, 2015
- Civil War encampment and ice cream social at Old Falls Village
- Wheeling for Healing bike ride scheduled for Aug. 8 supports the Cancer Care Center
- Tornado Brewing opens location in Menomonee Falls
- Menomonee Falls Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- Comedian has eyes on a brighter future
- Menomonee Falls has a sweet way to remove hair
- Menomonee Falls water report now available online